Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Darrel Riekhof <ri...@lvcm.com> on 2002/12/30 09:03:36 UTC

Generating JSP from scratch

I'm trying to generate JSP files from xml and xsl files, but I'm having
a problem.  Here's a snippet of hard-coded JSP in my XSL file:

   &lt;%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-bean" prefix="bean" %>

This comes into the resulting JSP file as:

   &lt;%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-bean" prefix="bean" %&gt;

How do I get the resulting JSP file to look like this instead (so the
server can recognize the jsp tags)?

   <%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-bean" prefix="bean" %>

If I have to, I could write a simple post processor that replaces all
the &lt; and &gt; with < and >, but I'd like the transform to do it if
possible.

One other small problem, xalan sticks this at the top of my JSP file:

   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

How do I turn that off?

Darrel