Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com> on 2015/11/09 15:54:32 UTC

Re: Issue with using shared RDD on Spark Shell in Windows 7

Hello,

First of all please properly subscribe to the user list (this way we will
not have to manually approve your emails). All you need to do is send an
email to “user-subscribe@ignite.apache.org” and follow simple instructions
in the reply.

Next, regarding your issue. This NullPointerException happens because Hadoop
is unable to find 'winutils.exe' in Hadoop's 'bin' directory. Please refer
to the suggestions from this StackOverflow discussion:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19620642/failed-to-locate-the-winutils-binary-in-the-hadoop-binary-path

If the suggestions from StackOverflow help then let me know I'll update the
trouble-shooting guide for Ignite-Spark section.

In addition since you're working on Windows please make sure that a user
that launches a spark process is either an administrator or has the right to
create siblings. Otherwise, you may face with other unpredictable issues
after you overcome this NullPointerException.

Regards,
Denis