Posted to user@struts.apache.org by wb...@Ensign-BickfordInd.com on 2002/07/03 23:19:50 UTC

How to implement a schedule in my application

Hi All,

I want to implement a schedular in my application.  Basically I want to
be able to specifiy events in the application and have it perform
predetermined tasks (such as e-mail a user).  I can do all of that, but
I am not sure how to handle the...  is it time to do something?

I can make a cron job and go at the database from outside every five
minutes or something...  Is that the best way?

Other things like database archiving, status reports, etc...

Re: How to implement a schedule in my application

Posted by Duke Ronlund <du...@bigpond.com>.
Hi,

If you use resin you can use the run-at element in your web.xml file.
Only problem is it's vendor specific :(

http://www.caucho.com/resin/ref/app-config.xtp#run-at

Duke

Posted by Rajesh Kalluri <rk...@manduca.com>.
Take a look at...

Quartz is java based open source scheduling it has good ddocumentation , i
never used it though.

So when you have a working example or two please post it back to the list
:-), i would be intersted in using it for my future tasks.

Regards
Raj