Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Asif Talpur <as...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/04 13:23:18 UTC

404 not found error

Hi guys,

I am a novice user and I need your help with this problem. Following is an excerpt from my sitemap file. Basically at this moment I want the page http://www.google.com to show up when I request the page http://localhost:8080/cocoon/seegoogle

 <map:pipeline>
    <map:match pattern="seegoogle">
       <map:generate src="http://www.google.com" type="html"/>
       <map:serialize/>
    </map:match>
</map:pipeline>

Now, when I request the page http://localhost:8080/cocoon/seegoogle the browser gives "404 not found error." But strange thing is that when I modify the pipeline by giving the src="http://localhost:8080/cocoon"  and request the page http://localhost:8080/cocoon/seegoogle, it shows the cocoon welcome page.

So can anybody help me with that?

Thanks

Asif Talpur

RE: 404 not found error

Posted by Richard Cunliffe <ri...@cunliffe.net>.
Asif,

Where have you put your files? your file structure should look like this
if you kept to all the original directory settings:

      C:\tomcat\webapps\cocoon\seegoogle.xml

This gives the address

       <http://localhost:8080/cocoon/seegoogle/seegoogle>
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/seegoogle/seegoogle

If you put <map:match pattern="seegoogle.html"> then the address would
be

       <http://localhost:8080/cocoon/seegoogle/seegoogle.html>
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/seegoogle/seegoogle.html

Richard.

       <map:generate src="http:// <http://www.google.com> www.google.com
<http://www.google.com/> " type="html"/>
       <map:serialize/>
    </map:match>
</map:pipeline>

Now, when I request the page http://localhost:8080/cocoon/seegoogle the
browser gives "404 not found error." But strange thing is that when I
modify the pipeline by giving the src="http://localhost:8080/cocoon
<http://localhost:8080/cocoon/> "  and request the page
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/seegoogle, it shows the cocoon welcome
page.

So can anybody help me with that?

Thanks

Asif Talpur

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! <http://rd.yahoo.com/mail/mailsig/*http:/mailplus.yahoo.com>
Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now
<http://rd.yahoo.com/mail/mailsig/*http:/mailplus.yahoo.com>