Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Daniel Watford <da...@foomoo.co.uk> on 2023/02/25 09:36:40 UTC

All Committers, can you give 20 minutes to help with the OFBiz Codenarc code review?

Hello Committers,

We need your help!

We have a very large, but hopefully simple, PR that we need to review -
https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/pull/517

This PR alters OFBIz groovy code to satisfy the guidance from the Codenarc
static analysis tool.It is not intended to change OFBiz behaviour in any
way.

All committers, please could you help review this PR by following the
process outlined here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Codenarc+integration+review+tracker

If every committer could give 20 minutes to this effort we should be able
to make significant progress. Of course we would be happy for any time you
can offer.

If while working on this review you find any bugs in existing behaviour,
please raise those bugs as a separate ticket. The aim of this review is to
provide assurance that PR 517 does NOT change OFBiz behaviour in any way,
even if that means keeping existing bugs in place!

Progress on this review is being tracked through the above linked
Confluence document. To avoid clashes between review participants, I
suggest you choose a file to review at random from the table in the
document, review the file and then update the confluence document with your
results. Please do not open long running confluence edit sessions as this
could cause difficulties for other committers who want to update the
document.

If you find an issue in the PR, please open a PR review on GitHub, add your
comments, and then close the PR review. This will allow others to see your
comments. Please also update the confluence document to show there is an
issue to be addressed.

Many thanks,

Dan.
--
Daniel Watford

Re: All Committers, can you give 20 minutes to help with the OFBiz Codenarc code review?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 28/02/2023 à 14:08, Nicolas Malin a écrit :
> Progress on this review is being tracked through the above linked
> Confluence document. To avoid clashes between review participants, I
> suggest you choose a file to review at random from the table in the
> document, review the file and then update the confluence document with your
> results. Please do not open long running confluence edit sessions as this
> could cause difficulties for other committers who want to update the
> document.

Recently I put the "WIP" status. So if you are reviewing a long change please use it to prevent crossed works

TIA

Jacques

Re: All Committers, can you give 20 minutes to help with the OFBiz Codenarc code review?

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hello Daniel,

I will take care on it during the week.

Nicolas