Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jing Chen <ji...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/05 01:41:41 UTC

IIS redirect

Hello,

I have two applications installed at two different Tomcat 5.5 on the same box, and I want to setup IIS to redirect for both applications.  Is it possible? Can I define two ajp13 workers?  Here is my current workers2.properties which on can redirect to one application:

[shm]
file=D:/Test/jk2.shm
size=1048576

# Define the communication channel
[channel.socket:localhost:8010]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
tomcatId=localhost:8010
port=8010
host=localhost

# define the worker
[ajp13:localhost:8010]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8010

# Map the webapp to the Web server uri space

[uri:/test/*.jsp]
[uri:/test/servlet/*]
context=/test
worker=ajp13:localhost:8010

Any help is
 appreciated.

Thanks

Re: IIS redirect

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Jing Chen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have two applications installed at two different Tomcat 5.5 on the
> same box, and I want to setup IIS to redirect for both applications.
> Is it possible? Can I define two ajp13 workers?  Here is my current
> workers2.properties which on can redirect to one application:

Yes, it is possible. But you are using the JK2 redirector, which has
been depricated long ago and is no longer actively supported. You might
find an answer from someone on the list, But i would propose to switch
to the "older" jk redirector, because it is still actively maintained
and all important "new" features from jk2 have been backported.

Unfortunately, the config format is very different.

Concerning you question: for JK (and most likely for JK2 also) you can
define many different workers (different names and different host:port,
a worker of type=protocol ajp13 does not need to have the name ajp13)
and then you map the individual URL (patterns) to the workers, where
those apps run on.

The old JK2 documentation has been archived at

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc-archive/jk2/index.html

The JK documentation is at

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/

Regards,