Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by ma...@bt.com on 2005/12/13 16:53:24 UTC

Names of Classes Created

Hi,
    A related question to yesterdays.  I have got the 'global' classes
to be generated by introducinf Dummy global elements.  So I have a work
around.

    The question I have is to with how names are changed for the Java
code.  I have had a tradition of calling Elements with Upper Camel Case
and Attributes with Lower Camel Case.  However, when the JAXME runs it
create Classes using names which are all UpperCamelCase.  This means
that if you have an Attribute called max="1" it will create a function
called getMax().  This does make the code look neat but it also means
that there is no direct link between teh schema and the names of
functions etc in the classes generated.  Is there a reason for this
apart from Code neatness.

    Again the reason is that I am trying to use XSLT to generate some
eclipse code for propertySheets which means that I have been forced to
change the attributes to UpperCamel Case to make them match with the
functions JAXME creates.

    Thanks

Martin Roberts
Group Research
e-mail: martin.me.roberts@bt.com
tel: +44(0) 1473 609785  clickdial
<http://clickdial.bt.co.uk/clickdial?001609785.cld>
fax: +44(0) 1473 609834
Intranet Site :http://twiki.btlabs.bt.co.uk/twiki
pp 16 Floor 5, Orion Building, Adastral Park, Martlesham, Ipswich IP5
3RE, UK

	British Telecommunications plc
	Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
	Registered in England no. 1800000
	This electronic message contains information from British
Telecommunications plc which may be privileged or confidential. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message
in error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or
address above) immediately.