Posted to log4php-user@logging.apache.org by Gavin Gilmour <ga...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/22 20:15:06 UTC

log4j compatibility?

Hi there,

This might be a long shot, but I don't suppose log4j and logphp are
compatible in terms of socket listeners, appenders and stuff? I'm not
sure if this was a an aim of the project or anything though I'm now
thinking no.

I was basically hoping to use something like this plugin [1] for
eclipse and be able to send messages to it via php. Problem is, it
seems to run a log4j server which isn't recognizing the messages at
all and is moaning about a java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid
stream header specifically if I pass it any messages from log4php.

I'd like to even extend/improve that ganymede project to accept
log4php messages but I'm not sure if I should bother trying if there
isn't some way to make the messages between the projects compatible
with one another.

Could somebody tell me if this would be possible in some way?

Cheers,

Gavin.

[1] http://ganymede.sourceforge.net/