Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Jarzynka, Mark" <mj...@fnni.com> on 2003/07/01 18:36:16 UTC

Problem with cvspass on Solaris 8

Hello,

I'm trying to script an automated checkout of code from cvs.  The CVS server is Linux 8.  The machine I'm trying to execute this script on is Solaris 8.  This is the ant snippet I was using to do it:

  <target name="getCVS" >
    <echo message="-Establishing .cvspass file-" />
    <cvspass cvsroot=":ext:mj@myHost:/vol01/myProject"  password="myPassword" passfile="./cvspassword"/>
    <echo message="-Checking out Prototype-" />
    <cvs cvsRoot=":ext:mj@myHost:/vol01/myProject" package="Prototype" dest="." passfile="./cvspassword" />
  </target>

When this executes it prompts me for the password on myHost.  The file cvspassword is created and an entry for myHost is there along with a encrypted password.  It is as if the password in cvspassword is incorrect but when I type in the same password at the prompt -- it works.

Thanks
Mark