Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chirag <cs...@yahoo.co.in> on 2004/11/25 15:21:52 UTC

java.net.SocketException: socket closed Endpoint ServerSocket

Software Installed
--------------------------

jakarta-tomcat-5.5.2
JDK 1.5
IE 6.0SP1

Requirement
--------------------

The PC has Internet Connection. and we start the
Tomcat Server.

After that we try to see the site
http://localhost:8080/

We get normal Tomcat Home Page ready

Afterwards I try to surf the same site by typing

http://160.160.160.160:8080/

where

160.160.160.160 is the IP address

After that the Tomcat Server throws the error and the
IE also is trying to display the page

The problem is that I want that other people should be
able to access my site through IP Address and I don't
want to get into the domain thing

How to do that

Exception Raised in Tomcot Server

INFO: Server startup in 20650 ms
Nov 18, 2004 8:03:23 PM
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
acceptSocket
SEVERE: Endpoint
ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8080]
ignored exception: java.net.SocketException: socket
closed
java.net.SocketException: socket closed
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method)
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:384)
        at
java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:450)
        at
java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:421)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.acceptSocket(DefaultServerSocketFactory.java:60)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:368)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:548)
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Nov 18, 2004 8:03:23 PM
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
acceptSocket
WARNING: Reinitializing ServerSocket

Thanks in advance

CSJakharia

=====
 Subscribe to bermudaEmail:  [input]  [input]  Browse Archives at groups-beta.google.com

Re: java.net.SocketException: socket closed Endpoint ServerSocket

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 06:21:52 -0800 (PST), Chirag <cs...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Software Installed
> --------------------------
>
> jakarta-tomcat-5.5.2
> JDK 1.5
> IE 6.0SP1
>
> Requirement
> --------------------
>
> The PC has Internet Connection. and we start the
> Tomcat Server.
>
> After that we try to see the site
> http://localhost:8080/
>
> We get normal Tomcat Home Page ready
>
> Afterwards I try to surf the same site by typing
>
> http://160.160.160.160:8080/
>
> where
>
> 160.160.160.160 is the IP address
>
> After that the Tomcat Server throws the error and the
> IE also is trying to display the page
>
> The problem is that I want that other people should be
> able to access my site through IP Address and I don't
> want to get into the domain thing
>
> How to do that
>
> Exception Raised in Tomcot Server
>
> INFO: Server startup in 20650 ms
> Nov 18, 2004 8:03:23 PM
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
> acceptSocket
> SEVERE: Endpoint
> ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8080]
> ignored exception: java.net.SocketException: socket
> closed
> java.net.SocketException: socket closed
>         at
> java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method)

I don't understand everything in wour email. If you get an exception
during a socket accept, then it means trouble.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat