Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Brian Tarbox <ta...@cabotresearch.com> on 2012/10/30 19:09:19 UTC

my ubunutu system has "fuseblk" filesystem, would it go faster if I changed it to EXT4?

I got some new ubuntu servers to add to my cluster and found that the file
system is "fuseblk" which really means NTFS.

All else being equal would I expect to get any performance boost if I
converted the file system to EXT4?  Edward Capriolo's "Cookbook" book seems
to suggest so.

Thanks.

Brian Tarbox

Re: my ubunutu system has "fuseblk" filesystem, would it go faster if I changed it to EXT4?

Posted by Tupshin Harper <tu...@tupshin.com>.
Yes. Any fuse filesystem is going to be substantially slower than a massive
one like ext4.

-Tupshin