Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Yuhichi Nakamura <NA...@jp.ibm.com> on 2001/05/08 10:13:49 UTC

EJBProvider problem

Folks,
When I looked at StatelessEJBProvider.java, I noticed that it depends on
IBM Platform.
The following lines should be removed:
        public static java.lang.String CNTXT_PROVIDER_URL
= "iiop://localhost:900";
        public static java.lang.String CNTXT_FACTORY_NAME
= "com.ibm.ejs.ns.jndi.CNInitialContextFactory";
And the following lines in initialize() should be also removed:
                properties.put(javax.naming.Context.PROVIDER_URL,
CNTXT_PROVIDER_URL);

properties.put(javax.naming.Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
CNTXT_FACTORY_NAME);
Then I could run the class on SUN J2EE reference implementation.
In Deployment descrptor, you do not have to specify url and factory class
because default values
are fine.

Anyway, including vendor-specific codes is not a good idea.

Best regards,

Yuhichi Nakamura
IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory
Tel: +81-462-73-4668