Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by rd...@sega.com on 2003/01/15 08:16:32 UTC

[users@httpd] reason phrase in status line

I'm using Apache 1.3.26 and the site I'm building is being
viewed on a custom browser which requires there be a reason
phrase of "OK" on the status line (for  200's).  Is there a
directive or otherwise simple way to add this?

Thanks in advance.

-rob

[users@httpd] Apache 2 proxy error

Posted by Kapil Sharma <ma...@kapils.net>.
Hi,
I am getting the following error when I try to start apache with proxy

Syntax error on line 991 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'CacheRoot', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration

If I comment the cache context, it works!!

#CacheRoot "/etc/httpd/proxy"
#CacheSize 5
#CacheGcInterval 4
#CacheMaxExpire 24
#CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1
#CacheDefaultExpire 1
#NoCache a-domain.com another-domain.edu joes.garage-sale.com

Whats can be the reason?

kapil

Re: [users@httpd] reason phrase in status line

Posted by Zac Stevens <zt...@cryptocracy.com>.
Hi Rob,

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 11:16:32PM -0800, rdietrick@sega.com wrote:
> I'm using Apache 1.3.26 and the site I'm building is being
> viewed on a custom browser which requires there be a reason
> phrase of "OK" on the status line (for  200's).  Is there a
> directive or otherwise simple way to add this?

I don't believe there is any means of conditionally modifying the Status
header, although such a task could conceivably be performed by an output
filter if you were using Apache2.

As far as I can tell, that's a moot point though - my local 1.3.26 server
does indeed include the reason phrase you require.  eg, "HTTP/1.1 200 OK"
Could you provide a little more information about what you're seeing?

It's also worth pointing out that RFC2616 (HTTP/1.1) does not require a
reason phrase - a client that does so is not compliant with the spec.  I'll
assume that's out of your control though :)

Cheers,

Zac