Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "E.M. van Nuil" <nu...@oblivion.nl> on 2002/08/05 17:27:50 UTC

problem: lifetime of sessionobject

Hello,

Posted a week ago also, but no response and I haven't been able to figure it
out myself.
I'm working on my first servlet application and everything went o.k. until
recently I get the following error :
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find bean products in scope null
        at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.lookup(RequestUtils.java:692)
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.logic.IterateTag.doStartTag(IterateTag.java:302)
        at
_pages._frontend._department__jsp._jspService(/shop/pages/frontend/department.jsp:21)
        at com.caucho.jsp.JavaPage.service(JavaPage.java:75)
        at com.caucho.jsp.Page.subservice(Page.java:486)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.FilterChainPage.doFilter(FilterChainPage.java:182)
        at com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:311)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service(CacheInvocation.java:135)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.QRequestDispatcher.forward(QRequestDispatcher.java:213)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.QRequestDispatcher.forward(QRequestDispatcher.java:100)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.QRequestDispatcher.forward(QRequestDispatcher.java:77)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:972)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionForward(RequestProcessor.java:408)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:269)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1109)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:452)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:126)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:103)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.FilterChainServlet.doFilter(FilterChainServlet.java:96)
        at com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:311)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service(CacheInvocation.java:135)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:218)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleConnection(HttpRequest.java:160)
        at com.caucho.server.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:137)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

But this page is working alright after I start the server. I can work the
whole day with the application, but the next morning I get this error.
I've tried it with resin 2.1.1, 2.1.2 and 2.1.3 and tomcat 4.0.4. Also with
struts 1.1.b1 and daily snapshot, but always the same.

Can anybody give me a little help ?

This is the code from the jsp file:
 <logic:iterate id="element" name="products"
type="nl.linuxonline.shop.product.ProductBean" scope="request">

And this is the struts action:

    public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping,
                                 ActionForm form,
                                 HttpServletRequest request,
                                 HttpServletResponse response)
        throws Exception {
            HttpSession session  = request.getSession(true);
            MessageResources messages = getResources(request);
            DataSource dataSource = null;
            Connection myConn = null;
            ProductJdbcBean proddb = new ProductJdbcBean();
            String did = request.getParameter("did");
            try {
                    dataSource = (DataSource)
servlet.getServletContext().getAttribute("shopdb");
                    myConn = dataSource.getConnection();
                    Vector MyProducts=proddb.getMyProducts(myConn,did);
                    ServletContext context = getServlet().getServletContext();
                    context.log("DID:"+did+"Aantal:"+MyProducts.size());
                    request.setAttribute("products",MyProducts);
            } catch (SQLException sqle) {} finally {
                    try {
                        if (myConn !=null)
                            myConn.close();
                    } catch (SQLException e) {
                        System.out.println("Oooops:" + e);
                    }
                }
            request.setAttribute("did",did);
            return mapping.findForward("forward");
    }
}

Regards,

Edwin

Configuration of tyrex on Tomcat 4.0.4

Posted by "Sudhir S. Shetty" <ss...@powershare.net>.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Configuration of tyrex on Tomcat 4.0.4

Posted by "Sudhir S. Shetty" <ss...@powershare.net>.
Hi Friends,
                  I know Im Off topic, but i desperately need your help,
I have a struts application in which the database is oracle 8.1.7, I need to