Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Justin Workman <ju...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/09 17:35:59 UTC

Hive + Secure Hbase

I have just started to experiment with Hbase in our cluster. I have an
secure Hbase cluster setup and would like to create an external Hive table
around several of our Hbase tables. This works fine until we enabled secure
(kerberos) client access to Hbase. Now we cannot query any of our Hive
external Hbase tables.

Is there anyway to make this work, or plans to fix what appears to be an
impersonation issue with Hbase? I wasn't able to find and specific Jira's.

I am using CDH4.3.0 with the standard components that shipped with CDH4.3.0.

Thanks
Justin

Re: Hive + Secure Hbase

Posted by Justin Workman <ju...@gmail.com>.
Yes I did. Adding the hive proxy user settings to the service wide
core-site.xml value under hdfs in cloudera manager and restarting hbase
fixed it.

There is a setting in the GUI for the hive proxy users, but it was only set
in the core-site.xml file that was distributed with the hdfs service, and
was not included for any other service until I added it as an override in
cloudera manager.

Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions. I should have checked the
core-site.xml file that was distributed with hbase. I saw the proxy user
setting enabled in the core settings and assumed it was propagated to the
other services.

Justin

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 15, 2013, at 3:18 AM, Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com> wrote:

Justin, did you get any help with this?  I can't give you pointers, sorry
-- no expertise in this area.

-- Lefty

Re: Hive + Secure Hbase

Posted by Justin Workman <ju...@gmail.com>.