Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by hpq852 <hp...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/15 17:27:41 UTC

A strange question ?

Hello, I'm using Mina for a TCP Server, but I  suffer from a strange question which I can't resolve it . Thank you very much and the question is as following :

There are many clients connecting with the TCP server,  and every client sends messages to server very frequently. then the strange thing happen with TCP server,

The server can't receive the messages from clients , it's said that the black console just stop there ,even though the client are still sending messages, but after several

minutes the server will receive many messages suddenly, very strange.  then the TCP Server will work well, but after several minutes it will still can't receive message well

and stop there.  I beg your help . Thank you very much. By the way the mina version which I'm using is 0.8.  :-)

Re: A strange question ?

Posted by Jesse Hou <hp...@gmail.com>.
No, I'm not using ReadThrottleFilter, so there should not be buffer
threshold. Is there limitation about Kernel buffer?  Because of my business
I think I needn't use ReadThrottleFilter.  By the way the problem was
happend with Mina0.8 , and now I have upgraded MINA to 1.0 , and I don't
know whether the same problen will happen.  I will test it soon.

Re: A strange question ?

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
On 23/11/06, Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/23/06, Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Are you using the ReadThrottleFilter? see
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-307
> >
> > This might be an the problem.. though I never got my server to start
> > receiving again... perhaps I didn't wait long enough.
>

> Sorry for the patch not being applied.  Please wait until we get some free
> time.  ;)

Hey np. I know what it is like. Lots to do and not enought time :D

Re: A strange question ?

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.

Re: A strange question ?

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.

Re: A strange question ?

Posted by Vinod Panicker <vi...@gmail.com>.
On 11/15/06, hpq852 <hp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I'm using Mina for a TCP Server, but I  suffer from a strange question which I can't resolve it . Thank you very much and the question is as following :
>
> There are many clients connecting with the TCP server,  and every client sends messages to server very frequently. then the strange thing happen with TCP server,
>
> The server can't receive the messages from clients , it's said that the black console just stop there ,even though the client are still sending messages, but after several
>
> minutes the server will receive many messages suddenly, very strange.  then the TCP Server will work well, but after several minutes it will still can't receive message well
>
> and stop there.  I beg your help . Thank you very much. By the way the mina version which I'm using is 0.8.  :-)

Would it be possible for you to try with the 1.0 release? There have
been major changes in the internals - the server not reading was one
of the issues that was fixed in the 1.0 release.

Regards,
Vinod.