Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Laurent Guerin <zl...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/22 10:50:55 UTC

Eclipse IDE and TML code completion

For those interested in using Eclipse code completion with tml files,
EXANPE Team (Julien Maupoux, Katia Aresti and myself) has developped a Maven
plugin that allow you to generate a tld describing any Tapestry 5 components
library.

The plugin uses both Javadoc and @Parameter annotation to perform the
generation.

Once you have generated your TLD, just to configure Eclipse as described in
the Wiki :
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5JSPEditorEclipse

This plugin has been tested on Tapestry 5.2 itself (see result TLD
attachment for test completion with core components).

The source code of this plugin is available here :
http://github.com/exanpe/tapestry-tldgen

Informations, usage and notes available here :
http://exanpe.free.fr/tapestry-tldgen/

The plugin has been released as alpha version 1.0.0 and promoting into Maven
central repository.
So, all feedbacks are appreciated (directly on GitHub) !

Best regards,

Laurent Guerin

Re: RE : Eclipse IDE and TML code completion

Posted by Mark <ma...@xeric.net>.
TapestryTools is currently being developed as part of GSOS. I don't think
the autocomplete has been implemented yet.

Mark
On Jun 8, 2011 11:34 AM, <on...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Finally, get it working according to
> http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5JSPEditorEclipse . I don't
> know why, but
>
> http://tapestrytools.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/TapestryTools_UpdateSite/just doesn't work for me. :(
>
> Thanks
> John
>

> 於 2011/6/9 0:10, onj888-tapestry@yahoo.com.hk 提到:
>> thanks Mark and Laurent,
>>
>> So, I used my previous download helios
>> eclipse-reporting-helios-SR1-win32.zip to make another trial, I use the
>> updatesite
>> http://tapestrytools.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/TapestryTools_UpdateSite/
>> to install the tools, change the content type to add *.tml in jsp. I
>> openned the quick-start index.tml with jsp editor, type <jsp, everything
>> ok, but <t: had no response, any idea?
>>
>> Thanks
>> John.
>>

>> 於 2011/6/8 22:00, Guerin Laurent 提到:
>>> Mark is right, you have to use the JSP editor.
>>> So, i have tested with Eclipse Helios and it work for me.
>>>
>>> Laurent.

xml editor or the jsp editor that you want, but the other editors won't
work.

Posted by on...@yahoo.com.hk.

Posted by Guerin Laurent <lg...@sopragroup.com>.

Posted by Mark <ma...@xeric.net>.
On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 12:04 AM,  <on...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:
>it doesn't response when I type <t:,

Make sure you are using the right editor. I can't remember if it is
the xml editor or the jsp editor that you want, but the other editors
won't work.

Mark

Re: RE : Eclipse IDE and TML code completion

Posted by on...@yahoo.com.hk.
Thanks Laurent, yes, the temlate is good, I managed to import it in
eclipse, but it doesn't response when I type <t:, I will try the plugin
you suggested. :)

於 2011/6/6 3:51, Guerin Laurent 提到:

Posted by Guerin Laurent <lg...@sopragroup.com>.
Hi,

De : onj888-tapestry@yahoo.com.hk [onj888-tapestry@yahoo.com.hk]
Date d'envoi : dimanche 5 juin 2011 17:51
À : Tapestry users; zlau.dreamcat@gmail.com
Objet : Re: Eclipse IDE and TML code completion

Posted by Katia Aresti Gonzalez <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi again,

You can simply adapt the plugin's values

<uri>${set your tld uri here}</uri>
<namespace>${set your tld defaut namespace here}</namespace>

Once TLD generated, you can add N user catalogues in Eclipse (one per tld
file) and you will have to explicitly change the URI and short name's values
which are unique.

We have already tested having Tapestry Core tld, TAPX tld and a custom
component TLD and it works.

Tapestry - URI = http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_1_0.xsd
tapx - URI : tapestry-library:tapx

Our next step will be improving user documentation. :-)

Thanks for your feedback !

Katia

>>> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="
>>> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
>>> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-jsptaglibrary_2_1.xsd"

Posted by Alessio Gambi <ag...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Laurent Guerin <zl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alessio Gambi <ag...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-jsptaglibrary_2_1.xsd

Posted by Laurent Guerin <zl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alessio,

Thanks for your tests.

which Maven version did you use ?
We have only tested the plugin with versions 2.0.10 and 2.2.1 and only on
Windows and Linux OS.

We will try to make some tests on Mac as soon as possible.

Laurent.

Posted by Alessio Gambi <ag...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

[...]

.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:
25)
[...]

.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:
39)

Posted by Katia Aresti Gonzalez <ka...@gmail.com>.
I meant to dire "executing" maven ... ^_^

Posted by Katia Aresti Gonzalez <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi !

Posted by Alessio Gambi <ag...@gmail.com>.