Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by David B Funk <db...@engineering.uiowa.edu> on 2017/05/10 16:33:44 UTC

block Bayes autolearn for specific messages

Is there any way to use Bayes autolearn in general but prevent it from learning
specific messages?

I have a specific source of messages (Office-365) which I would like to prevent
from being autolearn (with out scoring them as spam).

I still want those messages to be SA scored using the normal methods, just not
be considered -at-all- for autolearning.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

Re: block Bayes autolearn for specific messages

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Wed, 10 May 2017, David B Funk wrote:

> On Wed, 10 May 2017, John Hardin wrote:
>
>>  On Wed, 10 May 2017, David B Funk wrote:
>>
>> >  Is there any way to use Bayes autolearn in general but prevent it from
>> >  learning specific messages?
>> >
>> >  I have a specific source of messages (Office-365) which I would like to
>> >  prevent from being autolearn (with out scoring them as spam).
>> >
>> >  I still want those messages to be SA scored using the normal methods,
>> >  just not be considered -at-all- for autolearning.
>>
>>  bayes_ignore_from user@example.com
>>
>>  bayes_ignore_to user@example.com
>
> John,
> Thanks for the suggestion but I still want Bayes classifier run on those
> messages, just no autolearning.
>
> bayes_ignore_(to|from) prevents both.

Yeah, I was wondering about that being a deal killer.

> Is there some kind of score calculation rule that does something along the
> line of "if total score is less than N, add M"

Nope.

I think you may be stuck doing something like saving those messages and
running them through sa-learn --forget.

You might want to open a bugzilla feature request for something like

   tflags  RULENAME  suppress_autolearn

and/or

   bayes_noautolearn_(to|from)

   If guns kill people, then...
     -- pencils miss spel words.
     -- cars make people drive drunk.
     -- spoons make people fat.
  41 days since the first commercial re-flight of an orbital booster (SpaceX)

Re: block Bayes autolearn for specific messages

Posted by David B Funk <db...@engineering.uiowa.edu>.
On Wed, 10 May 2017, John Hardin wrote:

> On Wed, 10 May 2017, David B Funk wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to use Bayes autolearn in general but prevent it from
>> learning specific messages?
>>
>> I have a specific source of messages (Office-365) which I would like to
>> prevent from being autolearn (with out scoring them as spam).
>>
>> I still want those messages to be SA scored using the normal methods, just
>> not be considered -at-all- for autolearning.
>
> bayes_ignore_from user@example.com
>
> bayes_ignore_to user@example.com

John,
Thanks for the suggestion but I still want Bayes classifier run on those
messages, just no autolearning.

bayes_ignore_(to|from) prevents both.

I've already got a rule that adds a small score (0.3) to those messages but
unfortunately they hit minus-score rules (EG: RCVD_IN_MSPIKE_*,
KHOP_RCVD_TRUST, etc) often enough that they still get learned.

I could jack up the local score add but then I run the risk of FPing O365
messages that don't hit the minus-score rules.

Is there some kind of score calculation rule that does something along the line
of "if total score is less than N, add M"

Dave

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Wed, 10 May 2017, David B Funk wrote:

> Is there any way to use Bayes autolearn in general but prevent it from
> learning specific messages?
>
> I have a specific source of messages (Office-365) which I would like to
> prevent from being autolearn (with out scoring them as spam).
>
> I still want those messages to be SA scored using the normal methods, just
> not be considered -at-all- for autolearning.

bayes_ignore_from user@example.com

bayes_ignore_to user@example.com

   The philosophy of gun control: Teenagers are roaring through
   town at 90MPH, where the speed limit is 25. Your solution is to
   lower the speed limit to 20.                           -- Sam Cohen

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Wed, 10 May 2017 11:33:44 -0500 (CDT)
David B Funk wrote:

> Is there any way to use Bayes autolearn in general but prevent it
> from learning specific messages?
>
> I have a specific source of messages (Office-365) which I would like
> to prevent from being autolearn (with out scoring them as spam).

Perhaps, but it's a bit cheesy. If you are trying to prevent them
being learned as ham you could make a rule that scores something like

   6 6 0.001 0.001

i.e. that adds little to the classification score, but adds enough to
the autolearning score to sabotage ham learning.

If this to keep the