Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Moazzam Khan <mo...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/01 17:57:43 UTC

Problem with phrase matches in Solr

Hey guys,

I have a solr index where i store information about experts from
various fields. The thing is when I search for "channel marketing" i
get people that have the word channel or marketing in their data. I
only want people who have that entire phrase in their bio. I copy the
contents of bio to the default search field (which is text)

How can I make sure that exact phrase matching works while the search
is agile enough that half searches match too (like uni matches
university, etc - this works but not phrase matching)?

I hope I was able to properly explain my problem. If not, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Moazzam

Re: Problem with phrase matches in Solr

Posted by Moazzam Khan <mo...@gmail.com>.