Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Remo Liechti <re...@swisslog.com> on 2006/08/10 18:51:47 UTC

Does FOP not care about section.autolabel.max.depth?

Hi guys
I converted my docbook using XSL and some properties to create my PDF.

My docbook has some tree like sections, like chapters:

<section>
..
	<section>
		<section>
		</section>
	</section>
	<section>
		<section>
		</section>
	</section>
</section>
<section>
..
	<section>
	</section>
</section>

The sections shoud look like this:
1. section one
1.1 section one dot one
1.1.1 section one dot one dot one

1.2 section one dot two
1.2.1 section one dot two dot one

2. section two
2.1 section two dot one

This can be done by the FO properties:
section.autolabel
section.label.includes.component.label

this generates:
1. section one
1.1 section one dot one
section one dot one dot one

1.2 section one dot two
section one dot two dot one

2. section two
2.1 section two dot one

You see, it only goes down one node... to tell the FOP to go down more
steps, a property exists:
section.autolabel.max.depth

(When section numbering is turned on by the section.autolabel parameter,
then this parameter controls the depth of section nesting that is
numbered. Sections nested to a level deeper than this value will not be
numbered.)

But this does not work.

Any ideas? This could be a docbook XSL issue, too? But I don't know XSL
this good, so you may can take a look at my XSL and take a look if there
are those section numbers in it.

Thanks,
Remo
This message may contain legally privileged or confidential information and is therefore addressed to the named persons only. The recipient should inform the sender and delete this message, if he/she is not named as addressee.
The sender disclaims any and all liability for the integrity and punctuality of this message. The sender has activated an automatic virus scanning, but does not guarantee the virus free transmission of this message.

Re: Does FOP not care about section.autolabel.max.depth?

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Remo Liechti wrote:

<snip/>

> this generates:
> 1. section one
> 1.1 section one dot one
> section one dot one dot one
>
> 1.2 section one dot two
> section one dot two dot one
>
> 2. section two
> 2.1 section two dot one
>
> You see, it only goes down one node... to tell the FOP to go down more
> steps, a property exists:
> section.autolabel.max.depth

No, this property does not tell FOP anything. It tells docbook.xsl how
to create the XSL-FO. This is a docbook problem ask on the docbook
mailing list.

<snip/>

Chris

Re: Does FOP not care about section.autolabel.max.depth?

Posted by Luis Ferro <lf...@teladigital.pt>.
Can you attach the .fo file pls?

(it is cutted in half right now)