Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Volkan Yazıcı <vo...@yazi.ci> on 2022/11/24 13:46:03 UTC

Dropping `log4j-redis` in `master`

`RedisAppender` has been in the making in `master` for several years
without much interest from the community. Next to that there are
battle-tested feature-rich community alternatives[1] available. I am
inclined to drop `log4j-redis`. What are your thoughts?

[1] https://github.com/vy/log4j2-redis-appender

Re: Dropping `log4j-redis` in `master`

Posted by Matt Sicker <ma...@musigma.org>.
Fine with me. I’d prefer if we worked toward providing APIs for third party plugins to easily be created outside of the main repo. Instead of hosting things like a Redis appender, it’d make more sense to offer APIs useful for appending to key/value stores or similar APIs (think things like the ColumnMapping plugin or others).
—
Matt Sicker

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
I am also OK in dropping log4j-redis.