Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Halliday <ho...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/27 17:43:07 UTC

tomcat and OpenNMS

I had tomcat installed, and could access it correctly before the
OpenNMS install.  OpenNMS is started, but just can't start tomcat now
after I installed the webapps for OpenNMS.  This is the error that is
in my tomcat log

[ERROR] Digester - -Begin event threw exception
<java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.opennms.web.log.Log4JLogger>
Catalina.start: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.opennms.web.log.Log4JLogger

I am running Fedora Core 2
OpenNMS 1.1.3-2
Tomcat 4.1.27-13

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Peter Halliday

Re: tomcat and OpenNMS

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
:
: [ERROR] Digester - -Begin event threw exception
: <java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.opennms.web.log.Log4JLogger>

Sounds like you're missing a JAR somewhere along the lines.

As I know little about OpenNMS, you could inspect the JARs and see
whether any of them really do have the specified class.

If all else fails, what do the OpenNMS docs/forums say?

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com