Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Vijay Devadhar <vd...@salesforce.com> on 2013/03/20 19:37:11 UTC

Hbase as a message store for QPID

Hello QPID users,

Has anyone tried to build or thought about building a Hbase message_store adopter for QPID?
By that I mean, instead of persisting to BDB or Derby DB,  storing into Hbase. Would there be
fundamental reasons (like sub optimal data structures) to not do that?

Thanks
Vijay

RE: Hbase as a message store for QPID

Posted by Vijay Devadhar <vd...@salesforce.com>.
Thank you Robbie and Rob. Good point about lack of transactions in HBase.
That is the kind of info I was looking for.

Rob -- in one of our application stacks, HBase is the only "system of records", by which
I mean it is the only system with DR and HA built in. If we store queue data in
HBase, it will be easier for us to maintain DR and HA for us if we were to store the
queue data on it as well;

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vijay,