Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com> on 2011/12/01 02:35:09 UTC

ZooKeeper dev/user meetups.

Hi all,
 I think Ben had sometime suggested a recurring dev/user meetups for
ZK. I just wanted to renew the thread to see if there is interest in
the community for such a dev/user group. As ZooKeeper as become more
and more popular, it would be good to see a broader community
participation and engagement. We could do a once in 2 months kind of
dev/user group where we can talk about issues folks are facing and the
roadmap. This would also encourage more participation from developers
and would provide a good venue for distribution of knowledge amongst
power users of ZK.

Thoughts?

mahadev

Re: ZooKeeper dev/user meetups.

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jz...@netflix.com>.
I'm interested in attending wherever it is.

-JZ

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marshall McMullen <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Camille Fournier <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Great idea.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.
I guess being three is way different than being alone. Also, you guys
are so cool that three is sufficient.

-Flavio

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by César Álvarez Núñez <ce...@gmail.com>.
It will be nice to have a meetup in Barcelona.
Near from Madrid than USA :-)
/César.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Sound like a plan.

-Flavio

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jz...@netflix.com>.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Flavio,

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.
I wonder for how many of us in this community would be difficult to
participate in such an event because we are not US-based or are many
hours away with respect to the timezone. Perhaps we should have
another one on this side of the planet as well.

-Flavio

On Dec 6, 2011, at 6:56 AM, Eugene Koontz wrote:

> On 12/4/11 5:42 PM, Mahadev Konar wrote:
>> Great. Seems like a good idea. We could probably club them
>> together? What say?
>> Given that its the holiday season, Ill try to set up a meetup in
>> early
>> Jan. Ill update the lists once I have something concrete.
>>
>> thanks all
>> mahadev
>>
> Thanks Mahadev;
>
> +1 I am looking forward to hanging out with you guys. I like the
> "hackday" idea where we collaborate on a set of bugs.
>
> -Eugene

flavio
junqueira

research scientist