Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2002/07/03 01:57:20 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Tomcat 5.0 Proposal

After trying to address the concerns raised by the proposal draft, I
would like to call for a vote on it, now that the discussions have died
down.

<ballot>
[ ] +1 I support the proposal, and will help implement it
[ ] +0 I support the proposal
[ ] -0 I do not support the proposal
[ ] -1 I am against the proposal being implemented, because:

</ballot>

The vote will run for one full week until July 9th. Users and other
contributors may vote, but only committers have binding votes.

Remy

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tomcat 5.0 Proposal

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
I don't have time to help right now, but I will at a minimum
help implement and test the SecurityManager when Tomcat 5.0
gets close to an Alpha release.

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>.
On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 09:57, Remy Maucherat wrote:

> <ballot>
> [ ] +1 I support the proposal, and will help implement it
> [X] +0 I support the proposal
> [ ] -0 I do not support the proposal
> [ ] -1 I am against the proposal being implemented, because:
> </ballot>

Which might actually turn out to be +0.01 ;-)

Bojan

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tomcat 5.0 Proposal

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
+1

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.

Posted by Amy Roh <am...@apache.org>.
Sorry for the late vote.  I've been on vacation for last two weeks.

But for the record, you have my +1.

Thanks,
Amy

Posted by Bob Herrmann <bo...@jadn.com>.
On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 19:57, Remy Maucherat wrote:
> After trying to address the concerns raised by the proposal draft, I
> would like to call for a vote on it, now that the discussions have died
> down.
>
> <ballot>
> [X] +1 I support the proposal, and will help implement it
> [ ] +0 I support the proposal
> [ ] -0 I do not support the proposal
> [ ] -1 I am against the proposal being implemented, because:

Willing to help in any way I can.

Cheers,
-bob

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tomcat 5.0 Proposal

Posted by Ben Galbraith <ju...@galbraiths.org>.
<ballot>
[X] +1 I support the proposal, and will help implement it
[ ] +0 I support the proposal
[ ] -0 I do not support the proposal
[ ] -1 I am against the proposal being implemented, because:

</ballot>

Long time user, first time voter.  Looking forward to coding and writing
documentation for Tomcat 4.x and Tomcat 5.x.  Does anyone have any
specific projects looking for a worker or should I just peruse bugzilla
and jump in?

Ben Galbraith

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tomcat 5.0 Proposal

Posted by co...@covalent.net.
On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Remy Maucherat wrote:

> After trying to address the concerns raised by the proposal draft, I
> would like to call for a vote on it, now that the discussions have died
> down.
>
> <ballot>
> [X] +1 I support the proposal, and will help implement it
> [ ] +0 I support the proposal
> [ ] -0 I do not support the proposal
> [ ] -1 I am against the proposal being implemented, because:
>

> </ballot>
>
> The vote will run for one full week until July 9th. Users and other
> contributors may vote, but only committers have binding votes.

I won't read the mail for the rest of the week ( I'll be back next Mon ).

Costin

RE: [VOTE] Apache Tomcat 5.0 Proposal

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tomcat 5.0 Proposal

Posted by Ben Galbraith <be...@galbraiths.org>.
+1 on proposal.

I have a lot of interested in coding and/or writing documentation for
Tomcat 5.0.  I'll look for opportunities to jump in, but if someone has
any Tomcat 4.x or Tomcat 5 projects awaiting a coder or a tech. writer,
please do let me know.

Posted by Denis Benoit <be...@sympatico.ca>.

--
Denis Benoit
benoitde@sympatico.ca

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tomcat 5.0 Proposal

Posted by Henri Gomez <nr...@betaversion.org>.
> As long as the interfaces don't change too much (especially, Container and
> Component, all the rest I don't care). We started out process of stripping
> out "for good" all the stuff distributed with TC4x, working on some new
> startup classes and so on (and looking over at the excellent work made by
> MinTC, and what Scarab is doing on that front)...
>
> If you want to be flamed heavily check out <http://dev.betaversion.org/>

Welcome to Jerry ;)

BTW, emulation is allways great till it didn't turn in flam wars.

I'll try to track both TC 5.0 and Jerry

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tomcat 5.0 Proposal

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> wrote:

> <ballot>
> [ ] +1 I support the proposal, and will help implement it
> [X] +0 I support the proposal
> [ ] -0 I do not support the proposal
> [ ] -1 I am against the proposal being implemented, because:
> </ballot>

As long as the interfaces don't change too much (especially, Container and
Component, all the rest I don't care). We started out process of stripping
out "for good" all the stuff distributed with TC4x, working on some new
startup classes and so on (and looking over at the excellent work made by
MinTC, and what Scarab is doing on that front)...

If you want to be flamed heavily check out <http://dev.betaversion.org/>

    Pier

--
[Perl] combines all the worst aspects of C and Lisp:  a billion of different
sublanguages in  one monolithic executable.  It combines the power of C with