Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/07 23:01:36 UTC

Re: Eclipse + Mahout + Maven: maven-antrun-plugin error?

This never worked well for me -- not just with Mahout, but with any project.

I still just run maven eclipse:eclipse to generate eclipse subprojects
and classpaths correctly, that much works.

-d

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
I use the Sonatype plugin for Maven: http://eclipse.org/m2e/download/

Works fine. One little nit is that if it does not know a pom entry
plug-in, it claims the pom has an error and therefore the project has
an error.

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This never worked well for me -- not just with Mahout, but with any project.
>
> I still just run maven eclipse:eclipse to generate eclipse subprojects
> and classpaths correctly, that much works.
>
> -d
>
> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 12:27 PM, mBria <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm trying to follow the instructions at
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/buildingmahout.html to get Mahout going on
>> my machine.
>>
>> I'm getting stuck trying to import the projects into /Eclipse /(Indigo).
>>
>> I can use the command line to "mvn install" on the latest checkout from svn.
>> I then try to use the "import maven projects" in Eclipse as directed in the
>> instructions, but am getting the following error from the pom.xml(s):
>> *No marketplace entries found to handle maven-antrun-plugin:1.6:run in
>> Eclipse.  Please see Help for more information.*
>>
>> I've tried on Mac OX Lion as well as on my RH Linux VM, but getting the same
>> error on both.
>>
>> Google isn't being helpful at all to tell me how to get around this cleanly.
>> I do see a few rouge entries with people saying they commented pom stuff
>> out, but I don't want to do that if I can avoid it.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get past this?
>>
>> Thanks much,
>> Mike
>>
>> --

Lance Norskog