Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Liu fuming <li...@qq.com> on 2012/10/26 07:25:46 UTC

Start 5 durable subscribers simultaneously ,broker throw OutOfMemory exception

There is 1GB durable topic messages left in KahaDB files ,with 1 mb size per
message.Then start 5 durable subscribers simultaneously to receive the
stored messages,the Broker run out of memory immediately. There's one way to
prevent this from happening,that is configure the size of parameter
durableTopicPrefetch and maxPageSize in PolicyEntry. I wonder if there's
another way to do this.

Re: Start 5 durable subscribers simultaneously ,broker throw OutOfMemory exception

Posted by kimmking <ki...@gmail.com>.
configure memlimit

2012/10/26 Liu fuming [via ActiveMQ] <
ml-node+s2283324n4658276h39@n4.nabble.com>

Posted by Liu fuming <li...@qq.com>.
Thx

Re: Start 5 durable subscribers simultaneously ,broker throw OutOfMemory exception

Posted by Torsten Mielke <to...@fusesource.com>.
On Oct 26, 2012, at 7:25 AM, Liu fuming wrote:

> There is 1GB durable topic messages left in KahaDB files ,with 1 mb size per
> message.Then start 5 durable subscribers simultaneously to receive the
> stored messages,the Broker run out of memory immediately. There's one way to
> prevent this from happening,that is configure the size of parameter
> durableTopicPrefetch and maxPageSize in PolicyEntry. I wonder if there's
> another way to do this.

I presume bigger JVM heap size should help as well as a lower prefetch for durable topic subscriber.

Regards,

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com
tmielke@blogspot.com