Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Robert Morse <rm...@mdesignz.com> on 2009/01/13 22:34:35 UTC

JBoss 5 ClassCastException

Just starting out with Jackrabbit, and have successfully deployed
under JBoss 4.2.3.GA per the Wiki. ( http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JackrabbitOnJBoss
  )
Moving to a fresh install of JBoss 5, however results in the following
exceptions:

13:55:12,311 INFO  [TomcatDeployment] deploy, ctxPath=/jackrabbit-
server, vfsUrl=jackrabbit-server.war
13:55:13,011 ERROR [JBossContextConfig] XML error parsing: context.xml
org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBRuntimeException: Failed to create a new
SAX parser
	at org.jboss.xb.binding.UnmarshallerFactory
$UnmarshallerFactoryImpl.newUnmarshaller(UnmarshallerFactory.java:100)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.JBossContextConfig.processContextConfig
(JBossContextConfig.java:552)
	at
org
.jboss
.web
.tomcat
.service.deployers.JBossContextConfig.init(JBossContextConfig.java:538)

Caused by: org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBException: Failed to create a
new SAX parser
	at
org
.jboss
.xb.binding.parser.sax.SaxJBossXBParser.<init>(SaxJBossXBParser.java:97)
	at org.jboss.xb.binding.UnmarshallerImpl.<init>(UnmarshallerImpl.java:
56)
	at org.jboss.xb.binding.UnmarshallerFactory
$UnmarshallerFactoryImpl.newUnmarshaller(UnmarshallerFactory.java:96)
	... 62 more

org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeAwareParserConfiguration
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.<init>(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl.newSAXParser(Unknown
Source)
	at
org
.jboss
.xb.binding.parser.sax.SaxJBossXBParser.<init>(SaxJBossXBParser.java:92)

I'm guessing a class loader issue, but not sure how to fix it.
Suggestions?

Re: JBoss 5 ClassCastException

Posted by Robert Morse <rm...@mdesignz.com>.
On Jan 16, 2009, at 7:36 AM, James Abley wrote:

> [...]
>> Source)
>>       at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
>>       at
>> org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl.newSAXParser(Unknown
>> Source)
>>       at
>> org
>> .jboss
>> .xb
>> .binding.parser.sax.SaxJBossXBParser.<init>(SaxJBossXBParser.java:92)
>>
>> I'm guessing a class loader issue, but not sure how to fix it.
>> Suggestions?
>>

> Maybe try using the Jar Service Provider mechanism for XML to control
> what parsers you're using?
>
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/jar/jar.html#Service%20Provider
>
> I've not used JBoss for a long time, so I can't make specific
> suggestions on how to configure that so that it prefers one

Thanks for the reply James!  I'll check out the pointer you provided.
I'm hopeful that someone may have already solved this issue and can
provide their configuration.

-robert.

Re: JBoss 5 ClassCastException

Posted by James Abley <ja...@gmail.com>.