Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Ivan Kudryavtsev <ku...@bw-sw.com> on 2019/01/26 04:42:06 UTC

CloudStack 4.11 adoption/vendors map

After the "Why CloudStack 5" I decided to put some efforts to build the map
for CloudStack infrastructure and would like to present the initial map for
CS 4.11.2 world:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bwsw/cloudstack-map/master/topologies.png

What I would like to offer to the community is explained below:
We (Bitworks) are ready to dedicate a technical writer from our team who
can actualize and publish actualized map for the community. That person
will handle incoming requests for inclusion in the form which can be mapped
into the diagram and publish the diagram back to GitHub and maybe we can
push it to CS documentation when it's ready.

The purpose of it is to help:
1. Find what is used and what is not and is the subject for the removal.
2. What topology has a vendor and users behind it, who can help with it.
3. What serious problems exist in certain deployment mode.
4. New adopters onboarding.
5. Understand the development capacity of the community.
6. Understand what users are interested in.

What you can do:
Send the report which includes what you use to the:
- Github Issue https://github.com/bwsw/cloudstack-map
- E-mail: cloudstack@bw-sw.com
- Google Form: https://goo.gl/forms/eMFEaxbfyCAFF0rj1
if you would like to keep the privacy.

The report should include the description of Storage, Hypervisor,
Networking topology, known bugs, etc. Take a look at the form:
https://goo.gl/forms/eMFEaxbfyCAFF0rj1

Our engineer will update the picture every time when you send something.
Also, we generate the document with expectations from the users who shared
something and publish it to the community.

Please feel free to advise and improve the work. On the March, 1st we
release a summary about the work which will help to understand the integral
results and community expectations.

--
With best regards, Ivan Kudryavtsev
Bitworks LLC