Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Suresh Babu Koya <sk...@quark.co.in> on 2002/09/02 13:54:12 UTC

RE: Problem with XML Serializer of Xalan

I found a workaround using org.apache.xml.serialize.XMLSerializer class
in combination with java.io.OutputStreamWriter.

The related documentation can also be found at
http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/guide/internat/encoding.doc.html

The key is in specifying the encoding for the OutputStream also using the
OutputStreamWriter class. Now I got the
serializer in Xerces work. I hope the same might work for Xalan also.

Another link that I found useful with encoding using Java is
http://users.erols.com/eepeter/chinesecomputing/programming/java.html.

Do let me know if these links are helpful to you.
--Suresh