Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by novice user <pa...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/09 12:23:26 UTC

Getting "No job jar file set. User classes may not be found." error when running a map-reduce job in hadoop-0.17

Hi,
 I am running a simple code and I am getting error as " No job jar file set.
User classes may not be found. See JobConf(Class) or
JobConf#setJar(String)".  I am not able to figure what would have gone
wrong.
Some details of the problem are:
I have recently upgraded hadoop to 0.17.
I have set new JobConf(Sample.class). Where Sample.class is the class from
where I am running this job.
also tried with jobconf.setJarByClass(Sample.class) too.

Can some one please help me in this regard?

Thanks

Re: Getting "No job jar file set. User classes may not be found." error when running a map-reduce job in hadoop-0.17

Posted by montag <mk...@about.com>.
I've had this error as well when running from the command prompt.  I've found
that by passing the location of the jar file that contains your classes to
conf.setJar() when setting the job configuration parameters fixes it.
Basically the code would look something like this:

String userJarLocation = "/path/to/jar";
conf.setJar(userJarLocation); //were conf is the JobConf object

-Mike

Posted by novice user <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brice,

Posted by Brice Arnould <br...@gmail.com>.