Posted to user@roller.apache.org by David Koelmeyer <d....@auckland.ac.nz> on 2008/10/23 02:37:43 UTC

RE: Roller 4.0 / comments issue in themes?

Hi Kurt,

It's funny, but just now I've also come up against a
problem whereby even if my global and user-level
comments are enabled, comments in my blog are
always "closed".

This turned out to be related to the "Indigo" theme
I had applied, and I found that by simply applying a
different theme (eg "Dirtylicious"), I was able to
post comments.

Cheers,
Dave

Posted by Ron Peterson <rp...@mtholyoke.edu>.
A simple bash/perl script that you could run from w/in the /themes
directory might look like:

for i in `grep -lr '#showWeblogEntryComments($entry)' *`; do
  perl -pi'.bak' -e s/\#showWeblogEntryComments\(\$entry\)/\#showWeblogEntryComments\(\$model.weblogEntry\)/ $i
done

for i in `grep -lr '#showWeblogEntryCommentForm($entry)' *`; do
  perl -pi'.bak' -e s/\#showWeblogEntryCommentForm\(\$entry\)/\#showWeblogEntryCommentForm\(\$model.weblogEntry\)/ $i
done

--
Ron Peterson
Network & Systems Manager

2008-10-24_10:52:42-0400 rpeterso:

Posted by Ron Peterson <rp...@mtholyoke.edu>.
Hi Kurt,

Posted by David Koelmeyer <d....@auckland.ac.nz>.
Hi Ron,

The below worked for me nicely - thanks for that :)

Cheers,
Dave

Posted by "Shaffer, Kurt" <Ku...@steris.com>.
I'm going to try modifying the files as you suggest, but this "of
course" leads me to another question.  I have the themes directories in
two places (shown below) is my assumption to edit the ones in the apache
directory correct?

./opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.25/webapps/ROOT/themes
./usr/local/apache-roller-4.0/webapp/roller/themes

Posted by Ron Peterson <rp...@mtholyoke.edu>.

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nd...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Shaffer, Kurt" <Ku...@steris.com>.
Where are these entries at?