Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Oleg Dulin <ol...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/06 16:57:22 UTC

ANNOUNCEMENT: cassandra-aws project

Colleagues:

I'd like to announce a pet project I started:
https://github.com/olegdulin/cassandra-aws

What I would like to accomplish as an end-goal is an Amazon marketplace
AMI that makes it easy to configure a new Cassandra cluster or add new
nodes to an existing Cassandra cluster, w/o having to jump through
hoops. Ideally I'd like to do for Cassandra what RDS does for
PostgreSQL in AWS, for instance, but I am not sure if ultimately it is
possible.

To get started, I shared some notes in the wiki as well as a couple of
scripts I used to simplify things for myself. I put those scripts
together from input I received on the #cassandra IRC channel and this
mailing list and I am very greatful to the community for helping me
through this -- so this is my contribution back.

Consider this email as a solicitation for help. I am open to
discussions, and contributions, and suggestions, anything you can help
with.

Regards,
Oleg

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: cassandra-aws project

Posted by Oleg Dulin <ol...@gmail.com>.
I guess I didn't know about the ComboAMI!

Thanks! I'll look into this.

I have been rolling my own AMIs for a simple reason -- we have
on-premises environments and in AWS. I wanted them to be the same,
structurally, so I used our on-prem configurations as a starting point.

Regards,
Oleg

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.

--
Michael

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: cassandra-aws project

Posted by Philippe Dupont <pd...@teads.tv>.
Hi,

I'am interested to know differences between your AMI and the Datastax one,
already available in the market place.

Thanks,

Philippe

*Philippe Dupont*