Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2019/11/14 10:27:37 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.28

The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.28 release is now available for voting.

The major changes compared to the 9.0.27 release are:

- Improvements to Async error handling

- Stricter processing of HTTP headers when looking for specific token
  values

- Fix various issues that could lead to modification to a JSP not being
  reflected in the served page

Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.

For full details, see the changelog:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/tomcat/tomcat9/docs/changelog.html

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.28/
The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1235/
The tag is:
https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/9.0.28

The proposed 9.0.28 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.28

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.28

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

[VOTE][CANCELLED] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.28

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 14/11/2019 11:05, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 14/11/2019 10:27, Mark Thomas wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
>> The proposed 9.0.28 release is:
>> [ ] Broken - do not release
>> [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.28
>
> It isn't broken but I spotted a missing release date in the changelog
> for 9.0.27. It is trivial but the changelog is one of the files that is
> widely read. I don't want the "release in progress" text to confuse people.
>
> I'm leaning towards re-rolling the release since it isn't that much work.

What with this and the socket.txBufSize weirdness, I am going to re-roll
the release.

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.28

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.