Posted to users@ws.apache.org by "Rupp,Heiko" <he...@bancotec.de> on 2002/10/11 15:59:27 UTC

XmlRpcClient.setSessionId() ?

Hi,

in helma.XmlRpcClient, there was a method setSessionId(), which
seems to have vanished in Apache xml-rpc 1.1.

How can I achieve the same with Apache xml-rpc?

Thanks
 Heiko

--
Bancotec GmbH      EMail: heiko.rupp@bancotec.de
Calwer Str. 33     Telefon: +49 711 222 992 0

Re: XmlRpcClient.setSessionId() ?

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.
I use salesforce.com with the latest XML-RPC from CVS with some minor
modifications.  Their sessionID stuff is cookie-based as well as
"in-band" in the XML-RPC request.  To make the session ID work you will
need to either
A) manually create a cookie header by modifying your copy of the library
B) send me a personal e-mail for a JAR that supports the Jakarta Commons
HttpClient and automatically handles cookies.  You will also need to
incorporate the session ID in your XML-RPC request.
C) Sit tight.  We are working on some changes to the library that
include a pluggable transport layer.  One such layer will be the Commons
HttpClient, which natively supports cookies.

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.