Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Robert W <la...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/22 06:02:31 UTC

Empty topic/partition timeout when consuming

I notice that when using the SimpleConsumer javaapi and trying to consume
from an existing topic and partition that has never been written to before,
I get a SocketTimeoutException.  Is there a way around this?  I'm using
kafka-0.8.0 beta1.

Thanks,
-Robert

Re: Empty topic/partition timeout when consuming

Posted by gmail <la...@gmail.com>.
That was the problem.  Thanks Jun!

-Robert

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.