Posted to users@camel.apache.org by bonnahu <bo...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/09 22:47:57 UTC

Got an error "PropertiesComponent with name properties must be defined in CamelContext to support property placeholders"

Running on Camel 2.11.1.
I am trying to use a defined VM argument (e.g., -Dprop.env=DEV) in camel
context.
However, I got the error saying "PropertiesComponent with name properties
must be defined in CamelContext to support property placeholders".  So I
need to add a propertyPlaceholder to make it
work. I guess it is related to this issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-6313?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel

But according to the comment, this issue has been fixed in 2.11.1. Did I
make any mistake here?

<camel:camelContext xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring" >

    <camel:route>
      <camel:from uri="file:src/data?noop=true"/>
      <camel:choice>
        <camel:when>
          <camel:xpath>/person/city = 'London'</camel:xpath>

          <camel:log message=&quot;&lt;b>{{prop.env}}*"/>
          <camel:to uri="file:target/messages/uk"/>
        </camel:when>
        <camel:otherwise>
          <camel:log message="Other message"/>
          <camel:to uri="file:target/messages/others"/>
        </camel:otherwise>
      </camel:choice>
    </camel:route>
  </camel:camelContext>

Re: Got an error "PropertiesComponent with name properties must be defined in CamelContext to support property placeholders"

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Yes

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM, bonnahu <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Claus. So you are saying is that I still need to create a fake
> properties file, even I don't use it. Do I understand it correctly?

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Posted by bonnahu <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
You still need to add it, as its the property placeholder component
that understands and resolves the {{ }} stuff.

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 5:15 PM, bonnahu <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Christian, I understand what you said
> "Camel's propertyPlaceholder must be available to use within the camel
> context."
> But here I was not planning to use a propertyPlaceholder, what I wanted to
> do is to
> use the defined VM argument ,prop.env in camel context, like following
> <camel:log message="{{prop.env}}"/>.
> So I don't think I need to add any propertyPlaceholder to the camel context,
> is it correct?
>
> thanks

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Yah, publish to github or the like.

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 6:14 AM, bonnahu <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Christian, I didn't define the propertyPlaceholder component in any
> other
> place. I added the propertyPlaceholder just to avoid the error. If you
> want,
> I can send the project to you to take a look.

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Posted by bonnahu <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Do you define the propertyPlaceholder component anywhere in your context?

http://camel.apache.org/using-propertyplaceholder.html