Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Alan Baltazar <ac...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/24 10:16:54 UTC

disable or minimized stacktrace output

Hello,

  How can I disable or minimized (cut) stacktrace output for both failure and error
results. I tried this within my ant file :
<junit printsummary="no" filtertrace="on" haltonfailure="no" haltonerror="no" fork="yes"

and it only works whenever i extend TestCase in my test class (doesn't work with
ServletTestCase/JspTestCase extended).

thanks,
Alan

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Re: disable or minimized stacktrace output

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
Alan Baltazar wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   How can I disable or minimized (cut) stacktrace output for both failure and error
> results. I tried this within my ant file :
> <junit printsummary="no" filtertrace="on" haltonfailure="no" haltonerror="no" fork="yes"
>
> and it only works whenever i extend TestCase in my test class (doesn't work with
> ServletTestCase/JspTestCase extended).

Yeah, that has been bugging me too.

The Ant stack trace filtering only filters out the JUnit classes and the
Ant JUnitTestRunner stuff, but doesn't know about the Cactus classes
(naturally). This is made worse by the amount of frames that come from
the AspectJ stuff. I don't think there's a way to extend the set of
classes that get filtered out by Ant's test runner.

Hmm, I'll probably try to come up with a patch that allows us to extend
the filtered classes in the <cactus> task (new in the yet unreleased
Cactus 1.5). But I suspect that such a path would only be applied to Ant
1.6, which will probably take quite some time until it sees the light of
a release.

--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de