Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by runtao cao <ca...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/05 09:14:27 UTC

Compiling Hadoop Problem

Hi,
   I'm a student. I'm reading the source code of Hadoop Common recently. I
find a problem when I load the source code of Common into Eclipse. In the
Package Explorer of Eclipse, some packages are default packages, but others
are not default packages. So there are many faults in the default packages
and other packages. I want to know what is the problem with it. The problem
is discribed in the accessor. Thank you very much.

caoruntao

RE: Hadoop partitions Problem

Posted by Shavit Netzer <Sh...@conduit.com>.
Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Shavit

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@linkedin.com>.

Posted by Shavit Netzer <Sh...@conduit.com>.
Yes

Sent from my mobile

Posted by Harsh J <qw...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Hadoop partitions Problem

Re: Compiling Hadoop Problem

Posted by bharath v <bh...@gmail.com>.
Do an "ant eclipse-files" in the hadoop home dir and then browse the
project using the eclipse "Import existing project" wizard ..If you
load it directly as a folder it doesn't work ..

Thanks
Bharath.V
4th year undergraduate,
IIIT Hyderabad

Posted by Harsh J <qw...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 1:44 PM, runtao cao <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>    I'm a student. I'm reading the source code of Hadoop Common recently. I
> find a problem when I load the source code of Common into Eclipse. In the
> Package Explorer of Eclipse, some packages are default packages, but others
> are not default packages. So there are many faults in the default packages
> and other packages. I want to know what is the problem with it. The problem
> is discribed in the accessor. Thank you very much.
>
> caoruntao

Did you load it into eclipse after an 'ant eclipse-files' build? I
have hadoop-common loaded up in my Eclipse with no package issues at
all.

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com