Posted to dev@diversity.apache.org by Katia Rojas <ka...@apache.org> on 2021/06/03 09:54:17 UTC

[Updates] EDI working group minutes

Hello folks,

EDI working group meets every second Wednesday, at 18:00H UTC, to align on
the progress of the projects and discuss open topics from the ML. You are
welcome to attend if you wish, just let us know.

Please see the notes of our last meeting:

Date

Attendees

   -

   Katia Rojas
   -

   Matt Sicker

Discussion items

Notes

Initial Outreachy feedback

   -

   Have until June 7 to get feedback submitted for Rakhi

https://www.outreachy.org/alums/2021-05/

Outreachy internship period

   -

   May 24, 2021, to Aug. 24, 2021: Internships period

Update D&I committee info

   -

   Chair changed to Katia Rojas

[Lazy consensus] request a VM for CLC for Apache projects

   -

   Daniel Gruno initiative

Action items

   - Katia Rojas: send a reminder to the mentor about the deadline for the
   intern feedback.
   - Katia Rojas: create a new space for meeting notes

For more details please see the confluence page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/2021-06-02+EDI+Meeting+notes

Our new space for meeting notes is:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/EDI+working+group+-+meeting+notes

Previous space (Outreachy notes only):
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/Outreachy+Working+Group+-+Meeting+notes

Have a great day!

Best,
Katia Rojas

Re: [Updates] EDI working group minutes

Posted by Katia Rojas <ka...@apache.org>.
Hello folks,

Please see the notes of our last meeting:
Date

Attendees

   -

   Katia Rojas
   -

   Matt Sicker

Discussion items
*May/August round concluded *

Round May 24, 2021 to Aug. 24, 2021

https://www.outreachy.org/blog/2021-02-01/may-2021-initial-applications-open/

Thank you, Justin Ross, for being an amazing mentor!

*Outreachy next round*

   - Signing up for next round
   - Will need to find out how much funding is available
   - Will need to send out call for projects (due by Sept 23)
   - https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/apache/

*Training *
Aizhamal Nurmamat kyzy extended to the ASF community an invitation to
the allyship
training for open source contributors sponsored by Google's OSPO. The seats
are limited but perhaps we are lucky. Thank you, Aizhamal!  <
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r50a73d135c17154feb997bf50fcc18f4fa1feae3be8520b2488f6239%40%3Cdiversity.apache.org%3E

*Final Report: Community Survey & Contributor Experience*
We are working on the publication of the report with Joe Brockmeier and the
Bitergia team. Thank you, Joe!

*call for mentors*

update the previous call for mentors

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/2021/02/06/%5BANN%5D+Seeking+volunteer+mentors+from+Apache+projects+to+help+mentor+under-represented+contributors

*Action items*

   - Katia Rojas <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/~katia> will
   send friction log template to Justin and the intern.
   - Matt Sicker <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/~mattsicker> to
   look into using GitHub Wiki (Gollum <https://github.com/gollum/gollum>)
   + GitHub Pages (or ASF-equivalent) for website publishing (to transfer some
   cwiki pages)

For more details please see the confluence page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/2021-08-25+EDI+meeting+notes

Have a great day!

Best,
Katia Rojas