Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Neal Richardson <ne...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/28 19:49:08 UTC

GitHub Actions are currently blocked

Hi all,
It appears that INFRA has decided to block GitHub actions that are not
owned by github or apache: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-21234

This means that none of our C++, Rust, R, or Julia builds are currently
running.

INFRA seems to have an allowlist, and I have petitioned to have our blocked
actions allowed: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-21239

Until this is resolved, we will need to rely on on-demand crossbow builds,
or we may want to hold off merging patches that have changes in the
affected languages.

Speaking of crossbow, on an unrelated note, it seems that our nightly
builds were disabled last week by GitHub due to inactivity on the master
branch of ursa-labs/crossbow (even though the repo has >32,000 branches). I
clicked the magic button in github to re-enable them, so hopefully we'll
start seeing nightly build report emails again tomorrow.

Neal

Re: GitHub Actions are currently blocked

Posted by Neal Richardson <ne...@gmail.com>.
Update: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-21239 has finally been
resolved and our blocked GitHub Actions have been restored.

Neal

Posted by Jorge Cardoso Leitão <jo...@gmail.com>.