Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by js...@odshp.com on 2002/09/13 19:46:14 UTC

cinclude parameters - simple question

Sorry for what must be a really common question, but I couldn't find
the answer, so here it is....

How can I hand off parameters from the request to a cinclude'ed
request?  For example

<page xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0">
 <content>
  <cinclude:include src="http://localhost:8080/myApps/myServlet?P1=456&amp;P2=<P2>" element="included"/>
 </content>
</page>

Where the incoming URL has "?P2=123" on the end.  I simply want to
pass off the parameter to the included servlet output.

Thanks!

---
Jeff Sexton
ODS Health Plans
jsexton@odshp.com

Re: cinclude parameters - simple question

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>Jeff,

1)

>My first thought is writting an stylesheet in which you set your parameters:
>
><map:generate src="yourpage.xml"/>
><map:transform src="setparameters.xsl">
>	<map:parameter name="use-request-parameters" value="true"/>
></map:transform>
><map:transform type="cinclude"/>
><map:serialize/>
>
>In your stylesheet you get access to the parameters by setting global
>parameters variables:
>
><xsl:param name="req-param-name"/>
>
>--> <xsl:value-of select="$req-param-name"/>

2) Use XSP to create include URI

3) Use cocoon:/ URI (assuming including resource deployed in the Cocoon).

Vadim

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@gmx.net>.
Jeff,