Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/02 23:36:04 UTC

[DISCUSS] Tuscany/SCA Persistence story

Iteration with Data is an important aspect to overall SOA solutions,
and I would like to start some discussion around what kind of support
we should have in Tuscany.

In the past, I have started playing with data persistence by
integrating SCA and JPA in my sandbox [1] and I was planning to start
spending some more time on this and propose it as one of the possible
ways to handle data persistence in Tuscany/SCA.

I have added some ideas around this subject in our wiki [2], and would
like to use this thread to discuss possible directions, other ideas
and off course get more people interested in helping to join this
effort.

Thoughts ?

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sandbox/lresende/sca/modules/implementation-data-pojo/
[2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/SCA+Java+implementation.jpa

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

Re: [DISCUSS] Tuscany/SCA Persistence story

Posted by Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@apache.org>.
2009/2/2 Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>:
> Iteration with Data is an important aspect to overall SOA solutions,
> and I would like to start some discussion around what kind of support
> we should have in Tuscany.
>
> In the past, I have started playing with data persistence by
> integrating SCA and JPA in my sandbox [1] and I was planning to start
> spending some more time on this and propose it as one of the possible
> ways to handle data persistence in Tuscany/SCA.

Just my 1cent, we've several ORM and JPA compliance projects around here.
It'll be worth a generalized layer in which you might use one of them
(i.e. Apache Cayenne, OpenJPA).

--
Quiero ser el rayo de sol que cada día te despierta
para hacerte respirar y vivir en me.

Re: [DISCUSS] Tuscany/SCA Persistence story

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thank you for starting this topic. It's important that we come up a story
for data persistence in Tuscany.

All you have on the wiki are interesting ideas worth exploring. One more
thing I have in mind is a set of technology components that can be
potentially shipped with Tuscany and they can be used in composite
applications to deal with certain functions that are more
technology-oriented than pure business logic. For example, we could provide
a java component:

<component name="EntityManagerComponent">
    <implementaiton.java
class="org.apache.tuscany.sca.jpa.EntityManagerImpl"/>
    <property name="persistenceUnit" value="customer"/>
</component>

Thanks,
Raymond