Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Ronald Broberg <ro...@lmco.com> on 2002/03/06 23:38:06 UTC

SocketRead timeout

I have James 2.0.a2 running on Win NT4SP6a with JDK1.4.0-beta3.
When I telnet into the machine on Port 4555 I am logged off unless I
type _very_ quickly. Resetting the connectiontimeout in config.xml (I
add zeros one at a time) for the remotemanager and restarting james does
not seem to help. Running on the console I see a Java Socket SocketRead0
error.

Any suggestions?

--rbroberg

RE: SocketRead timeout

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
The answer used to be dont use windows telnet.
But we've recently seen a case where the answer was *do* use windows telnet.
Its an issue with windows telnet in it anyway..

d.