Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by LUMS Mirror Team <mi...@pakistani.org> on 2012/03/24 08:18:37 UTC

Re: [mirror-lums] OpenOffice.org to Apache OpenOffice mirror system migration

Hello,

We at the Cybernet-LUMS mirror (mirror-cybernet.lums.edu.pk) have been
mirroring both the projects (Apache and OpenOffice.org) for about 2
years now. Considering this, this transition should not have any
substantial changes in bandwidth/storage usage etc. on our side. But
we have two questions:

1) Will the openoffice.org download servers completely shutdown (and
as result do we have "remove" openoffice.org as a separate project)?
2) What will be the fate of versions that were released before the migration?

- Cybernet-LUMS Mirror Team

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

More like it will fade away over time.  There are no plans to conduct
any more release distributions over the old mirrorbrain network.

>2) What will be the fate of versions that were released before the migration?

They are currently hosted by apache at archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo

HTH