Posted to dev@spot.apache.org by Jeremy Nelson <jf...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/13 03:24:28 UTC

Does Spot depend on python2?

Greetings,

I am evaluating spot, and I looked at the Spot demo, which is built from a
Dockerfile.  I noticed that the demo is based on Python 2.7.  Being
concerned about software that requires python2, I downloaded the source
code to spot itself, and looked at the python scripts in the 'master'
branch, and most of them do /usr/bin/env python, which means they expect to
run on python2.   However, a quick glance didn't show things that were
python2-only (like print's without parenthesis)

I was concerned that come next year, systems might start shipping without
python2 installed, so I was wondering if anyone has already determined if
spot can run on a system with only python3 installed?

Thanks,
Jeremy