Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "nurularesya ;p" <nu...@yahoo.com> on 2006/01/22 05:26:47 UTC

Fail to run run.bat..help please

in using windows xp for my project..
  i'm download file "james-with-phoenix-2.2.0-src" for my project..
  i've done running build.bat in directory "C:\Program Files\Java\james-with-phoenix-2.2.0-src\build.bat"...
  after done...i'm try to run run.bat in directory "C:\Program Files\Java\james-with-phoenix-2.2.0-src\dist\james-2.2.0\bin\run.bat" but when the command promt come out it shows

  here the error :

  Using PHOENIX_HOME: C:\Program Files\Java\james-with-phoenix-2.2.0-src\dist\james-2.2.0

  Using PHOENIX_TMPDIR: C:\Program Files\Java\james-with-phoenix-2.2.0-src\dist\james-2.2.0\temp

  Using JAVA_HOME:
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_10

  PHOENIX 4.0.1

  Shutting down Phoenix.

  ---> so how could it be?do i'm wrong in somewhere?help me on this please.. ;p

  actually im try to run using download "james-2.2.0-src" but when im run build.bat..there have an error..so im using phoenix-src...build.bat is done but problem in run.bat now..how to solve this?any reference or correction?

  regards,
  nurularesya

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Photos

Re: Fail to run run.bat..help please

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
nurularesya ;p wrote:
> here i attach my full error while running run.bat..anyone please help me on this...
>
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

You're trying to run James but it is already running, or something else
already bind the port 25.

Stefano

Re: JVM exiting abnormally...help

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
nurularesya ;p wrote:
> after downloading svn trunk and setting classpath mail.jar and activation.jar...then i run file 'build.bat' build is succesfully...then i move to ..\dist\james-2.3-dev\bin and run file 'run.bat'...run is successfully but when i shutdown using 'ctrl C'..error come out...do james have done successfully finish or the james can't stop the server?can anyone explain to me..
>
>   here i attach the error

The best way to stop James is to telnet to port 4555, authenticate and
run the "shutdown" command.

BTW, the error you get should be safe.

Stefano

JVM exiting abnormally...help

Posted by "nurularesya ;p" <nu...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "nurularesya ;p" <nu...@yahoo.com>.
hello there...
  after running james as mail server...i configure outlook express for my client mail...i've create gmail and enable pop in outlook express...

  Present Config.xml configuration
  <servernames autodetect="true" autodetectIP="true">
  <!-- CONFIRM? -->
  <servername>localhost</servername>
  </servernames>

  <dnsserver>
  <servers>
  <!--Enter ip address of your DNS server, one IP address per server -->
  <!-- element. -->
  <!--
  <server>202.188.0.133</server>
  <server>202.188.1.5</server>
  -->
  </servers>
  <!-- Change autodiscover to false if you would like to turn off autodiscovery -->
  <!-- and set the DNS servers manually in the <servers> section -->
  <autodiscover>true</autodiscover>
  <authoritative>false</authoritative>
  </dnsserver>

  <pop3server enabled="true">
  <!-- port 995 is the well-known/IANA registered port for POP3S ie over SSL/TLS -->
  <!-- port 110 is the well-known/IANA registered port for Standard POP3 -->
  <port>995</port>
  <!-- Uncomment this if you want to bind to a specific inetaddress -->
  <!--
  <bind> </bind>
  -->
  <!-- Uncomment this if you want to use TLS (SSL) on this port -->
  <!--
  <useTLS>true</useTLS>
  -->
  <handler>
  <!-- This is the name used by the server to identify itself in the POP3 -->
  <!-- protocol. If autodetect is TRUE, the server will discover its -->
  <!-- own host name and use that in the protocol. If discovery fails, -->
  <!-- the value of 'localhost' is used. If autodetect is FALSE, James -->
  <!-- will use the specified value. -->
  <helloName autodetect="true">myMailServer</helloName>
  <connectiontimeout>120000</connectiontimeout>
  </handler>
  </pop3server>

  <smtpserver enabled="true">
  <!-- port 25 is the well-known/IANA registered port for SMTP -->
  <port>465</port>
  <!-- Uncomment this if you want to bind to a specific inetaddress -->
  <!-- Please NOTE: you should add this IP also to your RemoteAddrNotInNetwork -->
  <!-- in order to avoid relay check for locallly generated bounces -->
  <!--
  <bind> </bind>
  -->
  <!-- Uncomment this if you want to use TLS (SSL) on this port -->
  <!--
  <useTLS>true</useTLS>
  -->
  <handler>
  <!-- This is the name used by the server to identify itself in the SMTP -->
  <!-- protocol. If autodetect is TRUE, the server will discover its -->
  <!-- own host name and use that in the protocol. If discovery fails, -->
  <!-- the value of 'localhost' is used. If autodetect is FALSE, James -->
  <!-- will use the specified value. -->
  <helloName autodetect="true">myMailServer</helloName>
  <connectiontimeout>360000</connectiontimeout>
  <!-- Uncomment this if you want to require SMTP authentication.
  supported values:
  true: required but announced only to not authorizedAddresses
  false: don't use AUTH
  announce: like true, but always announce AUTH capability to clients
  The correct behaviour per RFC value would be false or announce
  but we still support true for backward compatibility and because
  some webmail client fails when AUTH is announced but no authentication
  information has been provided
  -->
  <!--
  <authRequired>true</authRequired>
  -->
  <!-- CHECKME! -->
  <!-- Uncomment this if you want to authorize specific addresses/networks.
  If you use SMTP AUTH, addresses that match those specified here will
  be permitted to relay without SMTP AUTH. If you do not use SMTP
  AUTH, and you specify addreses here, then only addresses that match
  those specified will be permitted to relay.
  Addresses may be specified as a an IP address or domain name, with an
  optional netmask, e.g.,
  127.*, 127.0.0.0/8, 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0, and localhost/8 are all the same
  See also the RemoteAddrNotInNetwork matcher in the transport processor.
  You would generally use one OR the other approach.
  -->
  <authorizedAddresses>127.0.0.0/8</authorizedAddresses>
  <!-- Uncomment this if you want to verify sender addresses, ensuring that -->
  <!-- the sender address matches the user who has authenticated. -->
  <!-- This prevents a user of your mail server from acting as someone else -->
  <!--
  <verifyIdentity>true</verifyIdentity>
  -->
  <!-- This sets the maximum allowed message size (in kilobytes) for this -->
  <!-- SMTP service. If unspecified, the value defaults to 0, which means no limit. -->
  <maxmessagesize>0</maxmessagesize>
  <!-- The configuration handler chain -->
  <handlerchain>

  <!-- The connect handler configuration -->
  <!--
  <handler class="org.apache.james.smtpserver.DNSRBLHandler">
  <rblservers>
  <whitelist> query.bondedsender.org </whitelist>
  <blacklist> sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org </blacklist>
  <blacklist> list.dsbl.org </blacklist>
  <blacklist> dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net </blacklist>
  <blacklist> relays.ordb.org </blacklist>
  </rblservers>
  </handler>
  -->

  <!-- The command handler configuration -->
  <handler command="HELO" class="org.apache.james.smtpserver.HeloCmdHandler"></handler>
  <handler command="EHLO" class="org.apache.james.smtpserver.EhloCmdHandler"></handler>
  <handler command="AUTH" class="org.apache.james.smtpserver.AuthCmdHandler"></handler>
  <handler command="VRFY" class="org.apache.james.smtpserver.VrfyCmdHandler"></handler>
  <handler command="EXPN" class="org.apache.james.smtpserver.ExpnCmdHandler"></handler>
  <handler command="MAIL" class="org.apache.james.smtpserver.MailCmdHandler"></handler>
  <handler command="RCPT" class="org.apache.james.smtpserver.RcptCmdHandler"></handler>
  <handler command="DATA" class="org.apache.james.smtpserver.DataCmdHandler"></handler>
  <handler command="RSET" class="org.apache.james.smtpserver.RsetCmdHandler"></handler>
  <handler command="HELP" class="org.apache.james.smtpserver.HelpCmdHandler"></handler>
  <handler command="QUIT" class="org.apache.james.smtpserver.QuitCmdHandler"></handler>

  <!-- The message handler configuration -->
  <!--
  <handler class="org.apache.james.smtpserver.AddHeaderHandler">
  <headername>SPF-test</headername>
  <headervalue>passed</headervalue>
  </handler>
  -->
  </handlerchain>

  </handler>
  </smtpserver>

  Present OE6 configuration
---------------------------
Servers : Incoming mail (POP3) : localhost (james mail server)
Outgoing mail (SMTP) : localhost (james mail server)

Outgoing Mail Server : My server requires authentication (Yes)

Advanced : Server Port Numbers
Outgoing mail (SMTP) : 465 SSL (i also try port 25 but didnt work)
Incoming mail (POP3) : 995 SSL (i also try port 110 but didnt work)

System Configuration:
-----------------------
WinXP
IE6 / Firefox 1.0
OE 6
Gmail

  but i'v error while running or start the outlook express...

  Error while starting OE6:
  ---------------------------------
  The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'nurularesya@gmail.com', Server: 'localhost', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

  so please help me on this...do gmail & outlook as a client mail can connected to james?should i configure in config.xml and where should i change?help me please....

---------------------------------

Re: SpamDatabase.sql & WhiteList.sql

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
nurularesya ;p wrote:
> hello there...
>   Now im done install james & succesfully using phoenix-src
>   Im refer to "implementing a spam filtering gateway with apache james" documentation..here the link http://wiki.apache.org/james/SpamBlocking & documentation link http://www.sans.org/rr/whitepapers/email/1358.php
>   While following the method that need to download & install "james-praxis"..the link doesn't work...

IIRC the files from james-praxis have been integrated in the current trunk.

Stefano

Re: help error while run build.bat svn trunk

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
nurularesya ;p wrote:
> here i attach this error..could anyone help me out of this...im looking 4 bayesian filter 4 my james project..please help me...

You have to manually download javamail 1.3.2 and activation (jaf) from
the java.sun.com website and add the 2 jars to your lib dir.

We cannot redistribute the 2 files in a source distribution.

Stefano

Posted by "nurularesya ;p" <nu...@yahoo.com>.
[...]

C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\Mail.java:19: package javax.mail does n
ot exist
import javax.mail.MessagingException;
                  ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\Mail.java:20: package javax.mail.intern
et does not exist
import javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage;
                           ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\MailStoreSpoolRepository.
java:123: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.MailStoreSpoolRepository
    public void store(Mail mc) throws MessagingException {
                                      ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\MailStoreSpoolRepository.
java:130: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.MailStoreSpoolRepository
    public Iterator list() throws MessagingException {
                                  ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\MailStoreSpoolRepository.
java:137: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.MailStoreSpoolRepository
    public Mail retrieve(String key) throws MessagingException {
                                            ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\MailStoreSpoolRepository.
java:144: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.MailStoreSpoolRepository
    public void remove(Mail mail) throws MessagingException {
                                         ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\MailStoreSpoolRepository.
java:151: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.MailStoreSpoolRepository
    public void remove(Collection mails) throws MessagingException {
                                                ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\MailStoreSpoolRepository.
java:158: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.MailStoreSpoolRepository
    public void remove(String key) throws MessagingException {
                                          ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\MailStoreSpoolRepository.
java:165: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.MailStoreSpoolRepository
    public boolean lock(String key) throws MessagingException {
                                           ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\MailStoreSpoolRepository.
java:172: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.MailStoreSpoolRepository
    public boolean unlock(String key) throws MessagingException {
                                             ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\services\MailRepository.java:46: cannot
resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.james.services.MailRepository
    void store(Mail mc) throws MessagingException;
                               ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\services\MailRepository.java:54: cannot
resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.james.services.MailRepository
    Iterator list() throws MessagingException;
                           ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\services\MailRepository.java:63: cannot
resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.james.services.MailRepository
    Mail retrieve(String key) throws MessagingException;
                                     ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\services\MailRepository.java:70: cannot
resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.james.services.MailRepository
    void remove(Mail mail) throws MessagingException;
                                  ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\services\MailRepository.java:78: cannot
resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.james.services.MailRepository
     void remove(Collection mails) throws MessagingException;
                                          ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\services\MailRepository.java:85: cannot
resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.james.services.MailRepository
    void remove(String key) throws MessagingException;
                                   ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\services\MailRepository.java:94: cannot
resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.james.services.MailRepository
    boolean lock(String key) throws MessagingException;
                                    ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\services\MailRepository.java:103: cannot
 resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.james.services.MailRepository
    boolean unlock(String key) throws MessagingException;
                                      ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\Mail.java:60: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MimeMessage
location: interface org.apache.mailet.Mail
    MimeMessage getMessage() throws MessagingException;
    ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\Mail.java:60: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.mailet.Mail
    MimeMessage getMessage() throws MessagingException;
                                    ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailAddress.java:21: package javax.mail
.internet does not exist
import javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress;
                           ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailAddress.java:22: package javax.mail
.internet does not exist
import javax.mail.internet.ParseException;
                           ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\Mail.java:114: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MimeMessage
location: interface org.apache.mailet.Mail
    void setMessage(MimeMessage message);
                    ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\Mail.java:192: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.mailet.Mail
    long getMessageSize() throws MessagingException;
                                 ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailAddress.java:77: cannot resolve sym
bol
symbol  : class ParseException
location: class org.apache.mailet.MailAddress
    private void stripSourceRoute(String address) throws ParseException {
                                                         ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailAddress.java:96: cannot resolve sym
bol
symbol  : class ParseException
location: class org.apache.mailet.MailAddress
    public MailAddress(String address) throws ParseException {
                                              ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailAddress.java:170: cannot resolve sy
mbol
symbol  : class ParseException
location: class org.apache.mailet.MailAddress
    public MailAddress(String newUser, String newHost) throws ParseException {
                                                              ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailAddress.java:180: cannot resolve sy
mbol
symbol  : class InternetAddress
location: class org.apache.mailet.MailAddress
    public MailAddress(InternetAddress address) throws ParseException {
                       ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailAddress.java:180: cannot resolve sy
mbol
symbol  : class ParseException
location: class org.apache.mailet.MailAddress
    public MailAddress(InternetAddress address) throws ParseException {
                                                       ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailAddress.java:180: MailAddress(java.
lang.String) is already defined in org.apache.mailet.MailAddress
    public MailAddress(InternetAddress address) throws ParseException {
           ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailAddress.java:219: cannot resolve sy
mbol
symbol  : class InternetAddress
location: class org.apache.mailet.MailAddress
    public InternetAddress toInternetAddress() {
           ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailAddress.java:254: cannot resolve sy
mbol
symbol  : class ParseException
location: class org.apache.mailet.MailAddress
    private String parseQuotedLocalPart(String address) throws ParseException {
                                                               ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailAddress.java:291: cannot resolve sy
mbol
symbol  : class ParseException
location: class org.apache.mailet.MailAddress
    private String parseUnquotedLocalPart(String address) throws ParseException
{
                                                                 ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailAddress.java:344: cannot resolve sy
mbol
symbol  : class ParseException
location: class org.apache.mailet.MailAddress
    private String parseNumber(String address) throws ParseException {
                                                      ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailAddress.java:367: cannot resolve sy
mbol
symbol  : class ParseException
location: class org.apache.mailet.MailAddress
    private String parseDotNum(String address) throws ParseException {
                                                      ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailAddress.java:430: cannot resolve sy
mbol
symbol  : class ParseException
location: class org.apache.mailet.MailAddress
    private String parseDomainName(String address) throws ParseException {
                                                          ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\JDBCMailRepository.java:4
8: package javax.mail does not exist
import javax.mail.MessagingException;
                  ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\JDBCMailRepository.java:4
9: package javax.mail.internet does not exist
import javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage;
                           ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\JDBCSpoolRepository.java:
234: package javax.mail does not exist
    public void store(Mail mc) throws javax.mail.MessagingException {
                                                ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\JDBCMailRepository.java:5
35: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository
    public void store(Mail mc) throws MessagingException {
                                      ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\JDBCMailRepository.java:8
12: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository
    public Mail retrieve(String key) throws MessagingException {
                                            ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\JDBCMailRepository.java:9
61: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository
    public void remove(Mail mail) throws MessagingException {
                                         ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\JDBCMailRepository.java:9
71: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository
    public void remove(Collection mails) throws MessagingException {
                                                ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\JDBCMailRepository.java:9
83: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository
    public void remove(String key) throws MessagingException {
                                          ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\JDBCMailRepository.java:1
014: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository
    public Iterator list() throws MessagingException {
                                  ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\AvalonMailRepository.java
:38: package javax.mail does not exist
import javax.mail.MessagingException;
                  ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\AvalonMailRepository.java
:39: package javax.mail.internet does not exist
import javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage;
                           ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\AvalonMailRepository.java
:246: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.AvalonMailRepository
    public void store(Mail mc) throws MessagingException {
                                      ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\AvalonMailRepository.java
:340: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.AvalonMailRepository
    public Mail retrieve(String key) throws MessagingException {
                                            ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\AvalonMailRepository.java
:378: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.AvalonMailRepository
    public void remove(Mail mail) throws MessagingException {
                                         ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\AvalonMailRepository.java
:389: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.AvalonMailRepository
    public void remove(Collection mails) throws MessagingException {
                                                ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\AvalonMailRepository.java
:401: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.AvalonMailRepository
    public void remove(String key) throws MessagingException {
                                          ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\MBoxMailRepository.java:6
2: package javax.mail does not exist
import javax.mail.MessagingException;
                  ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\MBoxMailRepository.java:6
3: package javax.mail does not exist
import javax.mail.Session;
                  ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\MBoxMailRepository.java:6
4: package javax.mail.internet does not exist
import javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage;
                           ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\MBoxMailRepository.java:6
5: package javax.mail.internet does not exist
import javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress;
                           ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\MBoxMailRepository.java:1
63: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MimeMessage
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.MBoxMailRepository
    private String getRawMessage(MimeMessage mc) throws IOException, MessagingEx
ception {
                                 ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\MBoxMailRepository.java:1
63: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.MBoxMailRepository
    private String getRawMessage(MimeMessage mc) throws IOException, MessagingEx
ception {
                                                                     ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\MBoxMailRepository.java:1
74: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MimeMessage
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.MBoxMailRepository
    private MimeMessage convertTextToMimeMessage(String emailBody) {
            ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\MBoxMailRepository.java:1
52: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MimeMessage
location: interface org.apache.james.mailrepository.MBoxMailRepository.MessageAc
tion
        public MimeMessage messageAction(String messageSeparator, String bodyTex
t, long messageStart);
               ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\MBoxMailRepository.java:2
43: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MimeMessage
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.MBoxMailRepository
    private MimeMessage parseMboxFile(RandomAccessFile ins, MessageAction messAc
t) {
            ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\MBoxMailRepository.java:3
57: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MimeMessage
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.MBoxMailRepository
    private MimeMessage findMessage(String key) {
            ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\mailrepository\MBoxMailRepository.java:3
78: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class MimeMessage
location: class org.apache.james.mailrepository.MBoxMailRepository
    private MimeMessage selectMessage(final String key) {
            ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\services\MatcherLoader.java:22: package
javax.mail does not exist
import javax.mail.MessagingException;
                  ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailetContext.java:23: package javax.ma
il does not exist
import javax.mail.MessagingException;
                  ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailetContext.java:24: package javax.ma
il.internet does not exist
import javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage;
                           ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailetContext.java:48: cannot resolve s
ymbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.mailet.MailetContext
    void bounce(Mail mail, String message) throws MessagingException;
                                                  ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailetContext.java:58: cannot resolve s
ymbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.mailet.MailetContext
    void bounce(Mail mail, String message, MailAddress bouncer) throws Messaging
Exception;
                                                                       ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailetContext.java:187: cannot resolve
symbol
symbol  : class MimeMessage
location: interface org.apache.mailet.MailetContext
    void sendMail(MimeMessage msg)
                  ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailetContext.java:188: cannot resolve
symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.mailet.MailetContext
        throws MessagingException;
               ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailetContext.java:199: cannot resolve
symbol
symbol  : class MimeMessage
location: interface org.apache.mailet.MailetContext
    void sendMail(MailAddress sender, Collection recipients, MimeMessage msg)
                                                             ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailetContext.java:200: cannot resolve
symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.mailet.MailetContext
        throws MessagingException;
               ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailetContext.java:213: cannot resolve
symbol
symbol  : class MimeMessage
location: interface org.apache.mailet.MailetContext
    void sendMail(MailAddress sender, Collection recipients, MimeMessage msg, St
ring state)
                                                             ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailetContext.java:214: cannot resolve
symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.mailet.MailetContext
        throws MessagingException;
               ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailetContext.java:225: cannot resolve
symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.mailet.MailetContext
            throws MessagingException;
                   ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailetContext.java:251: cannot resolve
symbol
symbol  : class MimeMessage
location: interface org.apache.mailet.MailetContext
    void storeMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddress recipient, MimeMessage msg)
                                                              ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\MailetContext.java:252: cannot resolve
symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.mailet.MailetContext
        throws MessagingException;
               ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\Matcher.java:115: package javax.mail do
es not exist
    void init( MatcherConfig config ) throws javax.mail.MessagingException;
                                                       ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\Matcher.java:136: package javax.mail do
es not exist
    Collection match( Mail mail ) throws javax.mail.MessagingException;
                                                   ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\services\MatcherLoader.java:35: cannot r
esolve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.james.services.MatcherLoader
    public Matcher getMatcher(String matchName) throws MessagingException;
                                                       ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\services\MailetLoader.java:23: package j
avax.mail does not exist
import javax.mail.MessagingException;
                  ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\Mailet.java:98: package javax.mail does
 not exist
    void init(MailetConfig config) throws javax.mail.MessagingException;
                                                    ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\mailet\Mailet.java:118: package javax.mail doe
s not exist
    void service(Mail mail) throws javax.mail.MessagingException;
                                             ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\services\MailetLoader.java:37: cannot re
solve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.james.services.MailetLoader
            throws MessagingException;
                   ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\services\MailServer.java:23: package jav
ax.mail does not exist
import javax.mail.MessagingException;
                  ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\services\MailServer.java:24: package jav
ax.mail.internet does not exist
import javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage;
                           ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\services\MailServer.java:62: cannot reso
lve symbol
symbol  : class MimeMessage
location: interface org.apache.james.services.MailServer
    void sendMail(MailAddress sender, Collection recipients, MimeMessage msg)
                                                             ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\services\MailServer.java:63: cannot reso
lve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.james.services.MailServer
        throws MessagingException;
               ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\services\MailServer.java:77: cannot reso
lve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.james.services.MailServer
        throws MessagingException;
               ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\services\MailServer.java:85: cannot reso
lve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.james.services.MailServer
        throws MessagingException;
               ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\services\MailServer.java:94: cannot reso
lve symbol
symbol  : class MimeMessage
location: interface org.apache.james.services.MailServer
    void sendMail(MimeMessage message)
                  ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\services\MailServer.java:95: cannot reso
lve symbol
symbol  : class MessagingException
location: interface org.apache.james.services.MailServer
        throws MessagingException;
               ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\services\MailServer.java:94: sendMail(or
g.apache.mailet.Mail) is already defined in org.apache.james.services.MailServer
      void sendMail(MimeMessage message)
         ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\remotemanager\RemoteManagerHandler.java:
33: package javax.mail.internet does not exist
import javax.mail.internet.ParseException;
                           ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\core\MimeMessageCopyOnWriteProxy.java:22
: package javax.activation does not exist
import javax.activation.DataHandler;
                        ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\core\MimeMessageCopyOnWriteProxy.java:23
: package javax.mail does not exist
import javax.mail.Address;
                  ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\core\MimeMessageCopyOnWriteProxy.java:24
: package javax.mail does not exist
import javax.mail.Flags;
                  ^
C:\JamesTrunk\src\java\org\apache\james\core\MimeMessageCopyOnWriteProxy.java:25
: package javax.mail does not exist
import javax.mail.Folder;
                  ^
100 errors
  BUILD FAILED
file:C:/JamesTrunk/build.xml:276: Compile failed; see the compiler error output
for details.
  Total time: 22 seconds
C:\JamesTrunk>

  ---------------------------------end of error---------------------------

  i have to implement spam filtering with james..and propose to use bayesian filter 4 spam filtering...then when i try to run build.bat downloading file from svn trunk...where the james-praxis was located now...please help me out of this...

  thanks,
  nurularesya

SpamDatabase.sql & WhiteList.sql

Posted by "nurularesya ;p" <nu...@yahoo.com>.
hello there...
  Now im done install james & succesfully using phoenix-src
  Im refer to "implementing a spam filtering gateway with apache james" documentation..here the link http://wiki.apache.org/james/SpamBlocking & documentation link http://www.sans.org/rr/whitepapers/email/1358.php
  While following the method that need to download & install "james-praxis"..the link doesn't work...
  My question now...where can i get the "SpamDatabase.sql" & "WhiteList.sql"..this file should have in "james-praxis" file..but the link doesn't work anymore...can anyone tell me where can i get the sql file?or something that can i do to create the sql file?can anyone help me... ;p

  thanks,
  nurularesya

Re: Fail to run run.bat..help please

Posted by "nurularesya ;p" <nu...@yahoo.com>.
here i attach my full error while running run.bat..anyone please help me on this...

  ----------------------------------phoenix.txt log file---------------------------------------------------

  INFO    2006-01-22 15:09:10.096 [Phoenix ] (): Logger started
WARN    2006-01-22 15:09:10.206 [Phoenix ] (): Phoenix was not started by the daemon thus it will not be possible to restart the JVM via the Management interface.
INFO    2006-01-22 15:09:10.537 [Phoenix.] (): Installing Sar located at file:/C:/java/dist/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar.
WARN    2006-01-22 15:09:10.837 [Phoenix.] (): The file SAR-INF/lib/mm.mysql.LICENCE can not be extracted from the Sar "file:/C:/java/dist/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar" into directory C:\java\dist\james-2.2.0\apps\james\SAR-INF\lib\mm.mysql.LICENCE because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2006-01-22 15:09:10.837 [Phoenix.] (): The file conf/sqlResources.xml can not be extracted from the Sar "file:/C:/java/dist/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar" into directory C:\java\dist\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\sqlResources.xml because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2006-01-22 15:09:10.837 [Phoenix.] (): The file conf/miResources.xml can not be extracted from the Sar "file:/C:/java/dist/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar" into directory C:\java\dist\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\miResources.xml because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2006-01-22 15:09:10.837 [Phoenix.] (): The file conf/james-listmanager.xml can not be extracted from the Sar "file:/C:/java/dist/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar" into directory C:\java\dist\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\james-listmanager.xml because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2006-01-22 15:09:10.847 [Phoenix.] (): The file conf/james-liststores.xml can not be extracted from the Sar "file:/C:/java/dist/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar" into directory C:\java\dist\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\james-liststores.xml because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2006-01-22 15:09:10.847 [Phoenix.] (): The file conf/james-fetchmail.xml can not be extracted from the Sar "file:/C:/java/dist/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar" into directory C:\java\dist\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\james-fetchmail.xml because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2006-01-22 15:09:10.857 [Phoenix.] (): The file conf/samples/fetchmail/maxMessageSize.xml can not be extracted from the Sar "file:/C:/java/dist/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar" into directory C:\java\dist\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\samples\fetchmail\maxMessageSize.xml because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2006-01-22 15:09:10.857 [Phoenix.] (): The file conf/samples/fetchmail/oneAccountManyUsers.xml can not be extracted from the Sar "file:/C:/java/dist/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar" into directory C:\java\dist\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\samples\fetchmail\oneAccountManyUsers.xml because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2006-01-22 15:09:10.857 [Phoenix.] (): The file conf/samples/fetchmail/oneAccountManyUsersDynamic.xml can not be extracted from the Sar "file:/C:/java/dist/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar" into directory C:\java\dist\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\samples\fetchmail\oneAccountManyUsersDynamic.xml because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2006-01-22 15:09:10.857 [Phoenix.] (): The file conf/samples/fetchmail/oneAccountPerUser.xml can not be extracted from the Sar "file:/C:/java/dist/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar" into directory C:\java\dist\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\samples\fetchmail\oneAccountPerUser.xml because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2006-01-22 15:09:10.867 [Phoenix.] (): The file conf/samples/fetchmail/oneAccountPerUserDynamic.xml can not be extracted from the Sar "file:/C:/java/dist/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar" into directory C:\java\dist\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\samples\fetchmail\oneAccountPerUserDynamic.xml because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2006-01-22 15:09:10.867 [Phoenix.] (): The file conf/samples/fetchmail/remoteReceivedHeader.xml can not be extracted from the Sar "file:/C:/java/dist/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar" into directory C:\java\dist\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\samples\fetchmail\remoteReceivedHeader.xml because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2006-01-22 15:09:10.867 [Phoenix.] (): The file SAR-INF/config.xml can not be extracted from the Sar "file:/C:/java/dist/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar" into directory C:\java\dist\james-2.2.0\apps\james\SAR-INF\config.xml because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2006-01-22 15:09:10.867 [Phoenix.] (): The file SAR-INF/assembly.xml can not be extracted from the Sar "file:/C:/java/dist/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar" into directory C:\java\dist\james-2.2.0\apps\james\SAR-INF\assembly.xml because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2006-01-22 15:09:10.877 [Phoenix.] (): The file SAR-INF/environment.xml can not be extracted from the Sar "file:/C:/java/dist/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar" into directory C:\java\dist\james-2.2.0\apps\james\SAR-INF\environment.xml because there is a file in the way.
INFO    2006-01-22 15:09:11.238 [Phoenix.] (): No policy specified in server.xml, giving full permissions to ServerApplication.
INFO    2006-01-22 15:09:11.849 [Phoenix.] (): Verifying that the name specified for Blocks and BlockListeners are valid.
INFO    2006-01-22 15:09:11.849 [Phoenix.] (): Verifying that the name specified for Blocks and BlockListeners are unique.
INFO    2006-01-22 15:09:11.849 [Phoenix.] (): Verifying that the specified Dependencies are valid according to BlockInfo.
INFO    2006-01-22 15:09:11.849 [Phoenix.] (): Verifying that the dependencies of Blocks are valid with respect to other Blocks.
INFO    2006-01-22 15:09:11.849 [Phoenix.] (): Verifying that there are no circular dependencies between Blocks.
INFO    2006-01-22 15:09:11.859 [Phoenix.] (): Verifying that the specified Blocks have valid types.
INFO    2006-01-22 15:09:11.979 [Phoenix.] (): Verifying that the specified BlockListeners have valid types.
INFO    2006-01-22 15:09:12.249 [Phoenix.] (): 18 Blocks to process for phase "startup". Order of processing = [dnsserver, objectstorage, database-connections, mailstore, users-store, thread-manager, connections, sockets, scheduler, James, spoolmanager, remotemanager, pop3server, smtpserver, nntp-repository, nntpserver, fetchpop, fetchmail].
ERROR   2006-01-22 15:09:14.372 [Phoenix.] (): Component named "smtpserver" failed to pass through the Initialization stage. (Reason: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind).
ERROR   2006-01-22 15:09:14.372 [Phoenix.] (): There was an error running phase "startup" for Block named "smtpserver". (Reason: Component named "smtpserver" failed to pass through the Initialization stage. (Reason: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind).).
org.apache.excalibur.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleException: Component named "smtpserver" failed to pass through the Initialization stage. (Reason: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind).
 at org.apache.excalibur.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleHelper.fail(LifecycleHelper.java:289)
 at org.apache.excalibur.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleHelper.startup(LifecycleHelper.java:159)
 at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.DefaultApplication.startup(DefaultApplication.java:480)
 at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.DefaultApplication.doRunPhase(DefaultApplication.java:428)
 at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.DefaultApplication.runPhase(DefaultApplication.java:364)
 at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.DefaultApplication.start(DefaultApplication.java:138)
 at org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.start(ContainerUtil.java:251)
rethrown from
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
 at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
 at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:331)
 at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:318)
 at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:185)
 at org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.sockets.DefaultServerSocketFactory.createServerSocket(DefaultServerSocketFactory.java:65)
 at org.apache.james.core.AbstractJamesService.initialize(AbstractJamesService.java:327)
 at org.apache.james.smtpserver.SMTPServer.initialize(SMTPServer.java:221)
INFO    2006-01-22 15:09:14.382 [Phoenix.] (): exception while starting:Component named "smtpserver" failed to pass through the Initialization stage. (Reason: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind).
  WARN    2006-01-22 15:09:14.432 [Phoenix.] (): Failed to start application james.
org.apache.avalon.framework.CascadingException: Failed to start application james.
 at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.kernel.DefaultKernel.startup(DefaultKernel.java:195)
 at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.kernel.DefaultKernel.addApplication(DefaultKernel.java:254)
 at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.deployer.DefaultDeployer.deploy(DefaultDeployer.java:353)
 at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployFile(DefaultEmbeddor.java:498)
 at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployFile(DefaultEmbeddor.java:491)
 at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployFiles(DefaultEmbeddor.java:476)
 at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployDefaultApplications(DefaultEmbeddor.java:466)
rethrown from
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.interfaces.ApplicationException: Component named "smtpserver" failed to pass through the Initialization stage. (Reason: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind).
 at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.DefaultApplication.start(DefaultApplication.java:144)
 at org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.start(ContainerUtil.java:251)
 at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.kernel.DefaultKernel.startup(DefaultKernel.java:178)
[...]
WARN    2006-01-22 15:09:14.493 [Phoenix.] (): Error deleting Work Directory "C:\java\dist\james-2.2.0\work\james-1137913750537". (Reason: File C:\java\dist\james-2.2.0\work\james-1137913750537\SAR-INF\lib\mm.mysql-2.0.14.jar unable to be deleted.)
java.io.IOException: File C:\java\dist\james-2.2.0\work\james-1137913750537\SAR-INF\lib\mm.mysql-2.0.14.jar unable to be deleted.
 at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.io.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:638)
 at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.io.FileUtil.cleanDirectory(FileUtil.java:806)
 at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.io.FileUtil.deleteDirectory(FileUtil.java:762)
 at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.io.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:630)
 at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.io.FileUtil.cleanDirectory(FileUtil.java:806)
 at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.io.FileUtil.deleteDirectory(FileUtil.java:762)
 at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.io.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:630)
WARN    2006-01-22 15:09:17.337 [Phoenix.] (): Failed to stop application james as it is not initialized/started.

  ----------------------------------------------end phoenix.txt log file---------------------------------------------

  could anyone answer my question..i need to know how it could be?is there something that i must do?how to solve it?any reference or anything?

  thanks,
  nurularesya

"nurularesya ;p" <nu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
  Here i found the log file when im running the run.bat...

INFO 2006-01-22 13:25:33.909 [Phoenix ] (): Logger started
WARN 2006-01-22 13:25:34.019 [Phoenix ] (): Phoenix was not started by the daemon thus it will not be possible to restart the JVM via the Management interface.
FATAL_E 2006-01-22 13:25:34.270 [Phoenix ] (): Unable to start because there are not any applications in the apps directory.

what the log file mean?do i have do something?could anyone tell me please...im a new in james...please help me on this.. ;p

regards,
nurularesya