Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by mogztter <mo...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/23 00:56:04 UTC

Re: OpenEJB with Hibernate 3.5.x as JPA2 provider

Hi,

I tried different versions but I still have error. With :

<dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
      <artifactId>javaee-api</artifactId>
      <version>6.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>
<dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
      <artifactId>openejb-core</artifactId>
      <version>3.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
</dependency>

I got :

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.webbeans.portable.events.discovery.BeforeBeanDiscoveryImpl:
method <init>()V not found
        at
org.apache.openejb.cdi.BeansDeployer.fireBeforeBeanDiscoveryEvent(BeansDeployer.java:154)
        at
org.apache.openejb.cdi.OpenEJBLifecycle.startApplication(OpenEJBLifecycle.java:146)
        at
org.apache.openejb.cdi.ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.initialize(ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.java:55)
        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.CdiBuilder.build(CdiBuilder.java:46)
        at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:649)
        ... 43 more

I also tried to patch the jpa-hibernate projet without much success. I go
from ClassNotFoundException to AbstractMethodException and so on... Does
anyone have a working test projet to share (using Hibernate as JPA2.0
provider with openejb) ?

Re: OpenEJB with Hibernate 3.5.x as JPA2 provider

Posted by mogztter <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for the new snapshot, it seems to be working :)

Re: OpenEJB with Hibernate 3.5.x as JPA2 provider

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I did some tests with our jpa-hibernate example.
Here is (joined) the pom.xml file I used.

BTW, in my opinion, your problem should be related with a new OpenWebBeans
snapshot release. They did some changes braking our integration. We have
done necessary changes but did not got time to publish a new snapshot.

The new OpenEJB snapshot is now available
(openejb-core-3.2-20110124.021856-59.pom).

Hope it helps.
Jean-Louis

http://openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/file/n3233495/pom.xml pom.xml  of the
jpa-hibernate example project

Re: OpenEJB with Hibernate 3.5.x as JPA2 provider

Posted by mogztter <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi AndyG,

Thanks for your answer. Are you using Maven ? If this is the case can you
share your pom.xml ?
Here is mine :
http://openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/file/n3232426/pom.xml pom.xml
With this configuration I got :

java.lang.ClassFormatError: Absent Code attribute in method that is not
native or abstract in class file
javax/resource/spi/ResourceAdapterInternalException

If not what is your javaee-api provider ? I think there is compatibility
issues between javaee-api 6.0 and openejb 3.2 ?

Re: OpenEJB with Hibernate 3.5.x as JPA2 provider

Posted by Andy <an...@orprovision.com>.
On 23.01.2011 00:56, mogztter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried different versions but I still have error. With :
>
> <dependency>
>        <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
>        <artifactId>javaee-api</artifactId>
>        <version>6.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>        <scope>provided</scope>
> </dependency>
> <dependency>
>        <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
>        <artifactId>openejb-core</artifactId>
>        <version>3.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
>        <scope>test</scope>
> </dependency>
>
> I got :
>
> Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.webbeans.portable.events.discovery.BeforeBeanDiscoveryImpl:
> method<init>()V not found
>          at
> org.apache.openejb.cdi.BeansDeployer.fireBeforeBeanDiscoveryEvent(BeansDeployer.java:154)
>          at
> org.apache.openejb.cdi.OpenEJBLifecycle.startApplication(OpenEJBLifecycle.java:146)
>          at
> org.apache.openejb.cdi.ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.initialize(ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.java:55)
>          at org.apache.openejb.cdi.CdiBuilder.build(CdiBuilder.java:46)
>          at
> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:649)
>          ... 43 more
>

> I also tried to patch the jpa-hibernate projet without much success. I go
> from ClassNotFoundException to AbstractMethodException and so on... Does
> anyone have a working test projet to share (using Hibernate as JPA2.0
> provider with openejb) ?
I am using hibernate 3.6 and OpenEJB trunk without issue - The following
jars are added deps.

hibernate-validator-4.1.0.Final.jar
javassist-3.12.0.GA.jar
jta-1.1.jar