Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Massimo Manghi <mx...@apache.org> on 2012/03/27 00:17:21 UTC

new package RivetEntities

The new package RivetEntities has been just commited to trunk.

  the packages endows the ::rivet namespace with two new commands

::rivet::encode <input_string> ?-encoding <encoding>?
::rivet::decode <input_string> ?-encoding <encoding>?

 the first command returns a new string where characters eligible to be
expanded into HTML entities are replaced with the corresponding &...;
string.

 the second command is the inverse function and converts entities back
in characters. Default encoding for both commands is utf-8.

The list of Possible encodings is output by command 'encoding names'

 -- Massimo

Re: new package RivetEntities

Posted by Massimo Manghi <mx...@apache.org>.
I forgot to thank Harald Oehlmann for proposing the package in the
first place and then for his suggestions and corrections.

  -- Massimo