Posted to dev@samoa.apache.org by Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <gd...@apache.org> on 2016/04/03 09:40:39 UTC

Re: Running SAMOA with Storm

Hi Jean Paul,
I cannot reproduce the issue on my setup, the default bagging works fine on
my cluster.
Have you validated that your Storm cluster works for other applications?

-- Gianmarco

Re: Running SAMOA with Storm

Posted by Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <gd...@apache.org>.
I'm running the master version of SAMOA from github and Storm 0.9.6.

In my case they are VMs, 4GB of RAM per core.
I think Nicolas has a different setup.
No changes on the Storm configuration.

Cheers,
-- Gianmarco

Re: Running SAMOA with Storm

Posted by Jean Paul Barddal <jp...@gmail.com>.
Dear Nicolas and Gianmarco,

Thanks for the feedback and for the script!

I’ll try and will get back to you :)

Regards,

Jean

Re: Running SAMOA with Storm

Posted by Nicolas Kourtellis <nk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jean Paul,

I am also using the current version of the master on the incubator (i.e.,
0.4.0) and Storm 0.9.3.
If you want to confirm the setup, check the attached for some steps I wrote
a while ago on how to
get Samoa configured to play with a Storm configuration:
(note that I didn't change much of the default settings)

My server has physical cpus so I am not running it in VMs, with a total of
65GB.

Regarding the yahoo examples, there are probably applicable but refer to
older versions of Samoa.
So I would stick to the current ones from the Apache Incubator page of
Samoa.

Hope this helps!

Nicolas

On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <gdfm@gdfm.me